Operation in the outbox

Post any website technical issues, suggestions, or requests here
Inigo
Victor VI
Personal Text: Keep'em well oiled

Operation in the outbox

Post by Inigo »

Dear sirs,
Just maybe my ignorance... But when I try to send a PM to another member, the message is written, then I click on SUBMIT and the message window closes. But the message rests in the Outbox and doesn't appear in the SENT folder, so I don't know for certain if it has been sent out not.
Can you help me?
I'm doing this with a Huawei smart phone.
Thanks,
Inigo Cubillo
Inigo

fran604g
Victor VI
Personal Text: I'm Feeling Cranky

Re: Operation in the outbox

Post by fran604g »

It will remain in your outbox until the recipient opens the message. After that, it automatically transfers to the sent box for storage.

Cheers,
Fran
Francis; "i" for him, "e" for her
"Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while" - the unappreciative supervisor.

phonogfp
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: "If you look for the bad in people expecting to find it, you surely will." - A. Lincoln

Post by phonogfp »

Yep, I have one message in my outbox from October 22, 2017! Someone asked for a date on their Edison Home Phonograph and I sent an answer. They never read it.

George P.

Inigo
Victor VI
Personal Text: Keep'em well oiled

Post by Inigo »

Ok, thanks for the info.
Inigo

ymg200
Victor O

Post by ymg200 »

fran604g wrote:It will remain in your outbox until the recipient opens the message. After that, it automatically transfers to the sent box for storage.

Cheers,
Fran
That is a weird definition of an Outbox! Usually a message stays in the Outbox until it is sent, not until it is read. Anyway, thank you Fran for the explanation. I came across this post looking for the explanation why my PM stays in the Outbox. Now I know.

AZ*
Victor IV

Post by AZ* »

ymg200 wrote:That is a weird definition of an Outbox! Usually a message stays in the Outbox until it is sent, not until it is read. Anyway, thank you Fran for the explanation. I came across this post looking for the explanation why my PM stays in the Outbox. Now I know.
That's just how phpBB works. The behavior is identical on some other forums I am a member of that are powered by phpBB. Once you realize how it works, it's not a bad feature. If you send someone a PM, you can tell whether they opened it or not. Not everyone on the forum logs in everyday.
Best regards ... AZ*