SOLD: REDUCED Nice Table Model VV-XI $300- Missoula, MT

Buy, sell, or trade your phonograph-related items here [except music]
outune
Victor IV

SOLD: REDUCED Nice Table Model VV-XI $300- Missoula, MT

Post by outune »

Reduced Price--$300 Selling a nice, as-found, early table model VV-XI in Mahogany. The phono is currently located in Missoula, MT. Here's the 'story'.. I'm in Virginia, but my sister is in MT and occasionally picks up machines for me. I have not seen the machine in person yet, but will be visiting MT next week. The machine runs and appears to be a complete, all original machine. The gentleman it was purchased from indicated it had been in his family.

Other than several small scratches on the lid, it looks to be in very nice condition. Ideally it would be a local pick-up in Missoula, MT between 7/18-7/29 We do plan a few excursions so I may be able to meet someone in the surrounding area.

If interested, let me know and we can work something out- Due to the weight and size of the machine it would be pretty expensive to ship.

ALSO-- in MT, I have a rough, but complete VV-50.. Works appear OK, but case needs lots of work. PM with interest.

Thanks-

Brad Abell
Attachments
getPart (7).jpg
getPart.jpg
getPart (3).jpg
getPart (4).jpg
getPart (5).jpg
getPart (6).jpg
Last edited by outune on Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.

GregVTLA
Victor III
Personal Text: Greg

Re: FOR SALE: Nice Table Model VV-XI $340 Missoula, MT

Post by GregVTLA »

Looks like a great machine! Reasonable price too! The XI is a great machine in its early tabletop rendition. Whoever buys this will have one classy tabletop that plays very well.

Greg

outune
Victor IV

Re: FOR SALE: REDUCED Nice Table Model VV-XI $300- Missoula

Post by outune »

Reduced- New price $300

Jerry B.
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: Stop for a visit when in Oregon.

Post by Jerry B. »

This machine could be picked up on the way to 2020 Union. Jerry Blais

outune
Victor IV

Post by outune »

Thank you for that kind offer Jerry-- Yes- My sister would be glad to babysit the machine for the new owner. She appreciates antiques and has a few collecting interests of her own. Missoula is right on I-90 in western MT.

Brad Abell

outune
Victor IV

Post by outune »

Any interest?? I head to MT in two days-- Would love to get this XI in the hands of someone who would enjoy this hard to find machine that's in very nice condition.

Brad Abell

Jerry B.
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: Stop for a visit when in Oregon.

Post by Jerry B. »

$300 is a good price. An identical gold brake sold recently on the Trader for, I believe, $125. I'd like to have a go at the scratches on the lid. From the photos they look superficial and easily repairable. This is an historic machine sold when Victrolas were gaining popularity over horn models. If you take inventory of the mechanical parts you quickly discover it was made from horn machine parts. You have:

Victor III or IV motor
Victor V turntable
Victor VI speed control
Victor VI crank escutcheon
Victor VI tone arm
Victor VI Exhibition
A bit tooooo long Victor VI crank

The early Victrolas sold in much smaller numbers than ones produced just a few years later. The valuable parts made them a victim to early collectors that had little regard for Victrolas. One of my good phono friends once commented that a Victrola was good only as a parts donor. I disagree and love the very early and unique Victrolas. In my opinion it would not be right to sell this, or any good working and complete Victrola for parts. But $300 for this Victrola is a bargain.

Jerry B.

uncle-jimmy
Victor O

Post by uncle-jimmy »

Hi Brad,
If still available , Please consider this Victrola XI to be SOLD.
Thank You.
Jim Maxwell

outune
Victor IV

Post by outune »

Thanks Jim- PM sent

Brad Abell

outune
Victor IV

Re: SOLD: REDUCED Nice Table Model VV-XI $300- Missoula, MT

Post by outune »

Thanks Jim- I'm glad this nice, early machine is going to a good home. And thank you Jerry for helping make it happen with a future pick-up in Missoula,

NOW-- When I get to Missoula on Wednesday, I'll have to guard against seller's remorse! :)

Brad Abell