The Biggest Improvement Yet to the APS Web Site

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
phonogfp
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: "If you look for the bad in people expecting to find it, you surely will." - A. Lincoln

The Biggest Improvement Yet to the APS Web Site

Post by phonogfp »

I've been waiting for this for years! Now the 30,000-page APS Online Archive is available to members for casual browsing in addition to the "Search" feature. It's just like looking at a well-stocked bookcase and looking at the titles for something to take your fancy.

For instance, APS members can click the new "Library" tab on the Home Page, and then choose between the APS publication content from all past issues of the magazine, or "Content," which is massive, bringing up tabs for "Articles," "Catalogs," and "Videos." By choosing "Catalogs," 5 tabs appear to allow selection of "Victor," "Edison," "Columbia," "European," and "Other." Pick one, click it, and browse the illustrated Table of Contents for that category. Open anything that interests you, just as you would from your own bookshelf.

Much thanks to Rod Pickett and our web developers for bringing this new feature to fruition!

George P.

alang
VTLA
Personal Text: TMF Moderator

Re: The Biggest Improvement Yet to the APS Web Site

Post by alang »

That's awesome and will be a great improvement. I immediately wanted to try it out, but it seems this is still being worked on. Catalogs and Videos are actually listed as separate menu items, which is great. The Library menu item is there with "APS Publication Index" and "Content" below, but those don't seem to work yet. Nevertheless, thank you very much to all involved for your continuous work to improve the site and make it more user friendly.

Andreas

phonogfp
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: "If you look for the bad in people expecting to find it, you surely will." - A. Lincoln

Post by phonogfp »

Thanks, Andreas. I tried it again, and you're right. I checked with Rod and I'm told that the developers are in the final test stages before the data content are populated.

But it's happening!

George P.

fran604g
Victor VI
Personal Text: I'm Feeling Cranky

Post by fran604g »

Color me excited!

Thanks to all those folks behind the scenes doing all they do for us every single day.

Cheers,
Fran
Francis; "i" for him, "e" for her
"Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while" - the unappreciative supervisor.