How many machines are in your living room?

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
Skihawx
Victor III

Re: How many machines are in your living room?

Post by Skihawx »

I gained one in the living room since the last update. An Oak VTLA I purchased years ago. When the fern got smaller there was more open floor space.

Uncle Vanya
Victor IV

Post by Uncle Vanya »

These days the reception parlor has but one, an American Walnut VE-130. The back parlor which wee finally re decorated after thirty years, with it's Grecian Empire furniture has an Opera off in the corner where it can do no harm. This Library has a Stromberg Carlson 14 combination, and the Alva.

Raphael
Victor IV

Post by Raphael »

For years, my wife would allow only one phonograph in “her” living room. Last year, in a fit of pique at my warehouse owners, who raised the rent 3 times in 10 months, I vacated the space and brought everything home. What didn’t fit in the garage or other rooms, my wife reluctantly agreed to allow “temporarily “ to reside in the living room, provided that I remove them during the holidays.
Thus, we have a B375 Edison, Circassian VV-XVI, VV-XX with gold leaf trim, mahogany VV-XVIII, Sonora Supreme, Keenophone, Reginaphone 240, and a brass console of indeterminate origin all nicely arranged. And the bonus is that my wife is so annoyed, she has stopped speaking to me, LOL!

Raphael

audiophile102
Victor IV
Personal Text: Say to yourself I am so happy hurray!

Post by audiophile102 »

Raphael wrote:For years, my wife would allow only one phonograph in “her” living room. Last year, in a fit of pique at my warehouse owners, who raised the rent 3 times in 10 months, I vacated the space and brought everything home. What didn’t fit in the garage or other rooms, my wife reluctantly agreed to allow “temporarily “ to reside in the living room, provided that I remove them during the holidays.
Thus, we have a B375 Edison, Circassian VV-XVI, VV-XX with gold leaf trim, mahogany VV-XVIII, Sonora Supreme, Keenophone, Reginaphone 240, and a brass console of indeterminate origin all nicely arranged. And the bonus is that my wife is so annoyed, she has stopped speaking to me, LOL!

Raphael
What a magnificent collection. I'm surprised that the wealthy 1% Americans don't buy up your stock!
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
"You can't take the phonographs nor the money with you, but the contentment the phonographs bring may well make your life better, and happier lives make the world a better place."

Jerry B.
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: Stop for a visit when in Oregon.

Post by Jerry B. »

"and the Alva."

If the Alva would like to visit the west coast, it could come see me.m :) :D ;)

Jerry B.

EdiBrunsVic
Victor IV

Post by EdiBrunsVic »

There are no machines in our living room. All eight of our antique phonographs are in a spare bedroom and easily be played.

Retrograde
Victor III

Post by Retrograde »

I'm up to 24 in a 14x24 room. (some machines are small) a couple more in the rest of the house.

BillH_NJ
Victor II

Post by BillH_NJ »

One in the living room, but four in the parlor, six in the dining room (along with an Olympia music box), and a Credenza in the entry hall of our 1895-ish Victorian. The rest are on the second and third floors or in the basement.

Viva-voce
Victor III

Post by Viva-voce »

I still have, and enjoy, my one machine in my living room--a lovely all-original Victor IV with speartip horn I got from Jerry B. You can see pics on page 8 of this thread.
Thanks again, Jerry :)

Steven

mattrx
Victor IV

Post by mattrx »

In the living room, only two. VTLA that belonged to my wife's G-grandfather, and an American Walnut 130. A small Stewart phono can be seen from the living room in the foyer. After that, there are phonos in every room of the house except the kid's rooms. They really do multiply like rabbits..

Matt