PORTLAND ORE. CRAIGSLIST ALERT!!!!!

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
gramophone78
Victor VI

PORTLAND ORE. CRAIGSLIST ALERT!!!!!

Post by gramophone78 »

FOR THE COLLECTOR THAT WOULD LIKE TO BUY ONE OR EVEN TWO GREAT LOOKING MACHINES.I WOULD CHECK OUT THE BERLINER "TRADE-MARK" & VICTOR 6 THAT ARE ON PORTLAND ORE. CRAIGSLIST RIGHT NOW.THEY SEEM TO BE PRICE RIGHT AND STILL OPEN TO OFFERS. :shock: :o

spin78's
Victor I

Re: PORTLAND ORE. CRAIGSLIST ALERT!!!!!

Post by spin78's »

Also worth a look in Oklahoma:
Attachments
credenza.JPG

phonojim
Victor IV

Post by phonojim »

Are they saying that the horn on the VI is a repro? Seems to me that would make it hard to sell at that price. And on the trademark, the horn, travel arm and elbow are reproductions. I would expect that to mean the reproducer is not original to the machine either. Maybe the crank and record hold down too.

Here are the URLs for those:

http://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/atq/2043207910.html

http://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/atq/2043099603.html

Jim

gramophone78
Victor VI

Post by gramophone78 »

Those are good questions. I never heard of Bill White.Did he make horns or just restore them??. regarding the Berliner,now that I look at it again the crank does look funny. Nothing about the reproducer or record nut.Worth asking those questions and what kind of price they would take. Jerry, this is in your backyard. Any detailsa on these??.

Retrograde
Victor III

Post by Retrograde »

gramophone78 wrote:I never heard of Bill White.Did he make horns or just restore them??.
Bill makes reproduction horns, and they are very well made. Although, I don't think he makes a lot of different styles.

Jerry B.
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: Stop for a visit when in Oregon.

Post by Jerry B. »

These are being sold by my good phono buddy Jay Horenstein. Jay's a great guy and will answer all your questions. I've seen White's horns at Union and they are very nice and appear to be very high quality. Jerry Blais

Jerry B.
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: Stop for a visit when in Oregon.

Post by Jerry B. »

I owned that Canadian Berliner at one time. I sold it to a collector in Bend, OR and he owned it for several years. I'm working from memory here but when I sold it, the only reproduction part was the brake and leather elbow. I believe the Bend collector must have purchased another Berliner and combined parts. When Jay purchased the Berliner, it had a reproduction horn, brake, elbow, and it did not have the record hold down and the crank was exchanged for a Victor crank with a bend. Jerry