Moo's in the movies...

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
Moooperator
Victor I

Moo's in the movies...

Post by Moooperator »

This is a clip from MS public TV that will be airing Thursday... for those that are not blessed with a home in MS, you can watch it here. He got the date on the Columbia B a little off but overall I think Walt did a great job!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VkgAAvxfots[/youtube]

BTW - The camera adds 10 pounds and they had 11 cameras on me during filming! ;)

EdisonSquirrel
Victor II

Re: Moo's in the movies...

Post by EdisonSquirrel »

Mooo, this is great! What a collection. This surpasses what one can realistically expect to find in a phono museum.

:squirrel:

Rocky

MordEth
Victor IV
Personal Text: Contact me for TMF tech support.

Post by MordEth »

Mooo,

Excellent clip of your collection, thank you for sharing it with us!

Is that the full video that they are broadcasting, or just an excerpt?

— MordEth

Proudly supporting phonograph discussion boards, hosting phonograph sites and creating phonograph videos since 2007.
Need web hosting or web (or other graphic) design? Support MordEth by using BaseZen Consulting for all of your IT consulting needs.
Want more phonograph discussion? Be sure to visit The Online Edison Phonograph Discussion Board.

EdisonSquirrel
Victor II

Post by EdisonSquirrel »

Hey Mooo,

Shouldn't it read Mooosic goes round and round?

:lol: :squirrel: :lol:

Rocky

Moooperator
Victor I

Post by Moooperator »

MordEth wrote:Mooo,

Excellent clip of your collection, thank you for sharing it with us!

Is that the full video that they are broadcasting, or just an excerpt?
That is just my part... the show is about an hour long and usually has about 5 or 6 topics in it.

Rocky... I think you think too hard!!!

Neophone
Victor III

Post by Neophone »

Mooo,

Congratulations! A wonderful segment showing a hint of you magnificent collection. You must be very proud. Thank you for sharing it with us.

Regards,
John

Listening to the Victrola fifteen minutes a day will alter and brighten your whole life.
Use each needle only ONCE!

Tampa Don
Victor Jr

Post by Tampa Don »

WOW! What a fantastic collection. Thanks for sharing the video clip... a very nice production.

Moo, I was wondering... obviously you didn't come across all of these phonographs in your own back yard. What's the farthest you've travelled to obtain one?

Moooperator
Victor I

Post by Moooperator »

Moo, I was wondering... obviously you didn't come across all of these phonographs in your own back yard. What's the farthest you've travelled to obtain one?
As far as me driving to pick up a machine - I drove 16 hours one way to Nebraska for my 10-50... it was a deal at $450.

I drove to Sweetwater TX for the XVIII you see in the first part of the clip to the left... That turned out to be 23 hour drive because after we got there we had to drive down to Houston where we were going to visit relatives.

In a few weeks I'm driving to see DonIV (From the old old board) in Dallas to pick up a Pathé machine he picked up for me then back down to my relative's house in Houston to pick up a 8-9 she picked up for me. I plan to hit Scwegal 's house while there and see his fine collection... he lives only a mile from my relative's house.

Edisonfan
Victor V
Personal Text: Invention is 1% inspiration and 99% perspiration

Post by Edisonfan »

Very nice collection you have there Moo.

Paul

richardh

Post by richardh »

Great clip! Wish there were more programmes like that on TV over here. Though Moo, I barely recognised you without your wig, make up and dress!!! I think the only picture I've ever seen of you was that one of you all dressed up in (what I hope!) was fancy dress :D

RJ 8-)