WANTED: Horn for Edison Standard Phonograph

Buy, sell, or trade your phonograph-related items here [except music]
mrcvs
Victor Jr

WANTED: Horn for Edison Standard Phonograph

Post by mrcvs »

A decent horn wanted for this phonograph. This phonograph is from 1902 or 1903. At a reasonable price.

brianu
Victor V
Personal Text: on instagram as "oncedeadsound"

Re: WANTED: Horn for Edison Standard Phonograph

Post by brianu »

can you be more specific about the type of horn you're looking for? the smaller, self-supporting "witch's" hat type, or the larger variety that requires a crane? and if the latter, would you need the crane as well? and your location would help, as shipping the larger horns can get costly because of the size of the box required.

mrcvs
Victor Jr

Post by mrcvs »

Hello,

I am open to any option(s) right now. I don't have a crane or a horn, but just the phonograph. There are some screws and holes on the back that suggests a crane and horn; this would be nice, but if not available, the self-supporting witch's hat would be okay. I am in Pennsylvania.

brianu
Victor V
Personal Text: on instagram as "oncedeadsound"

Post by brianu »

reproductions of the standard, self-supporting black "witch's hat" horn (with the brass bell) can be found pretty easily on ebay and online for $50 or $60, original ones will cost you a good deal more. I've got a few different larger type morning glory and petal horns that would be about $200 each, and I also have a spare crane set-up (to support the larger horn) for $80. if you're interested, send me an email. brianu73 at hotmail.