Lundstrom Converto Talking Machine Cabinet

Buy, sell, or trade your phonograph-related items here [except music]
FloridaClay
Victor VI

Lundstrom Converto Talking Machine Cabinet

Post by FloridaClay »

Hello all,

A friend gave me a tip that my local Good Will (Merritt Island, FL) had something I might find interesting. That something turned out to be an oak Lundstrom Converto Talking Machine Cabinet--something from back in the day that lets you put a Victor VV-VI into it and make it look like you had a more expensive console model. Here is a thread on the Forum that has pictures of another example of the same cabinet (way underpriced for that setup IMHO).

http://forum.talkingmachine.info/viewto ... f=9&t=5642

It is, I expect, a fairly rare item and is marked down to $59.95. The only thing missing that I could spot was the lower of the two slats that open on the front to let you open the doors in front of the horn on the VI. Otherwise it is in pretty decent condition, with only a couple of veneer chips and as I remember one or two of the typical water ring spots on the top.

As you will see from the label in the pics, they came drilled for a VV-VIA, so it would require drilling another hole for a regualr VV-VI and filling that one. The price does not include a VV-VI and they do not have one that I know of.

I have no room for it and my VV-VI is mahogany, but wanted to give a heads up in case anybody in the area might be interested in grabbing it.

Clay
Arthur W. J. G. Ord-Hume's Laws of Collecting
1. Space will expand to accommodate an infinite number of possessions, regardless of their size.
2. Shortage of finance, however dire, will never prevent the acquisition of a desired object, however improbable its cost.