Joining forum problem

Post any website technical issues, suggestions, or requests here
chunnybh
Victor III
Personal Text: "If I had all the money I'd spent on drink, I'd spend it on drink." Vivian Stanshall

Joining forum problem

Post by chunnybh »

Hello admin folk.
I have a friend who is trying in vain to join the forum.
His name is Iain Warner.
Any advice I can pass onto him?

epigramophone
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: An analogue relic trapped in a digital world.

Re: Joining forum problem

Post by epigramophone »

I also have a friend who is trying unsuccessfully to join.
All goes well until he reaches the Verification Question which is blank. With no question he cannot proceed.
He wonders whether his old Apple Mac computer system is the problem.
His name is Adrian Tuddenham and his email address is liz@poppyrecords.co.uk.
He is happy to be contacted direct if anyone can help.

Technomaniac
Victor Jr

Post by Technomaniac »

Several times I tried to join and every time the verification question was a failure. Finally I gave the program the answer it wanted, and the routine completed. I patiently awaited an email advising my membership, though none arrived. Then after some time, TODAY, I logged in and found that I had successfully joined the tribe.

epigramophone
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: An analogue relic trapped in a digital world.

Post by epigramophone »

Technomaniac wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 9:05 pm Several times I tried to join and every time the verification question was a failure. Finally I gave the program the answer it wanted, and the routine completed. I patiently awaited an email advising my membership, though none arrived. Then after some time, TODAY, I logged in and found that I had successfully joined the tribe.
What was the answer that the program wanted? It might finally help my friend to join (see my post above).

Inigo
Victor VI
Personal Text: Keep'em well oiled

Post by Inigo »

I've said this before... But what if you're colleague tries joining the forum in another pc, or using a different browser? Or maybe it's that his browser has restrictions, as popup windows forbidden, or high security internet settings etc that sometimes block certain website features as the captcha windows and the like.
Inigo

john9ten
Victor II

Post by john9ten »

I also have a young (15 year old) collector/restorer who is trying to join unsuccessfully. We need young people in the hobby! He emailed in October and has heard nothing back.

JeffR1
Victor II

Post by JeffR1 »

It took a long time for me to get approved here as well.
I posted here and I was approved.

https://www.facebook.com/search/top?q=t ... ne%20forum

MordEth
Victor IV
Personal Text: Contact me for TMF tech support.

Post by MordEth »

john9ten wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 9:48 pm I also have a young (15 year old) collector/restorer who is trying to join unsuccessfully.
If you PM me the name he tried to register, or the e-mail he used, I can approve his account if he succeeded in making one.

We have 299 pages of inactive users, mostly spammers that I have not had time to go through before upgrading phpBB and fixing the new user approval process.

I was actually thinking about writing up something to encourage donations, so I can afford to set aside more time to focus on this site, and because COVID and the holidays continue to hurt my consulting income.

Thanks,

David
Proudly supporting phonograph discussion boards, hosting phonograph sites and creating phonograph videos since 2007.
Need web hosting or web (or other graphic) design? Support MordEth by using BaseZen Consulting for all of your IT consulting needs.
Want more phonograph discussion? Be sure to visit The Online Edison Phonograph Discussion Board.

JeffR1
Victor II

Post by JeffR1 »

I'll give you some money, this forum is priceless ! :D

I can PayPal you some right now, may I use this email address here ?

Inigo
Victor VI
Personal Text: Keep'em well oiled

Post by Inigo »

I tried to donate yesterday by Visa Card, and the process failed at the end.. after having given all my data. It was an authentic paypal website, through the feature payments by Visa card directly. It said there was some problem and invited me to try it later.
nevertheless, when i went back with the browser back arrow, it said that the donation had succeeded.... I checked my visa account and no charge had been done, though. Could you David check if you've received it? From Iñigo Cubillo... Thanks.
When I'm sure there's no problem with my visa, I'll try again directly with PayPal.
Inigo