Internal Server Error

Post any website technical issues, suggestions, or requests here
dd2u
Victor I

Internal Server Error

Post by dd2u »

There is no "New Topic" button at the top of this forum so I will post this here.

Sometimes when I try to visit the TMF I get the following message:

"Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@forum.talkingmachine.info and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request."

I have seen it several times. Sometimes I can re-try and the correct page instantly appears. Other times everything just seems stuck and I get nothing for quite a long time before the above message appears.

HisMastersVoice
Auxetophone

Re: Internal Server Error

Post by HisMastersVoice »

Unfortunately that error is related to the server the forum software is hosted on. This site gets so much traffic that the server is having trouble keeping up with the requests. It's an issue that we are trying to address. Sorry for the inconvenience.

epigramophone
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: An analogue relic trapped in a digital world.

Post by epigramophone »

When I see these messages I just go away and try again later, but here in rural Somerset we are used to such problems.

We have two speed broadband, dead slow and stop, with no prospect of fibre optic cabling for the forseeable future.

HisMastersVoice
Auxetophone

Post by HisMastersVoice »

dd2u wrote:There is no "New Topic" button at the top of this forum so I will post this here.
This has been fixed as well