PM issues???

Post any website technical issues, suggestions, or requests here
outune
Victor IV

PM issues???

Post by outune »

Hi All- Over the past couple of days I've received notifications in my regular email that I have a new PM. However, there hasn't been any PMs in my inbox. Is anyone else having that issue?
I hate to think that I'm missing PMs from other members.

Brad Abell

Victor VI

Re: PM issues???

Post by 52089 »

I used to receive email notifications almost immediately after a PM was sent, but I am now finding that it sometimes takes hours. Perhaps the emails you received were for older messages you have already read (and perhaps deleted)? It sounds like the server may be playing catch up with these emails.

alang
VTLA
Personal Text: TMF Moderator

Post by alang »

I believe the system can only hold a specific number of messages in a folder including the Inbox folder. I don't remember the exact number, maybe 100 or 200. Once you reach that limit, I believe it creates an Overflow-Inbox folder for any new PMs. Check if you have such an Overflow Inbox folder with new messages. Only way to deal with it is deleting stuff from your Inbox, then you can move the "new" messages back and everything should proceed as it should.

Andreas

outune
Victor IV

Post by outune »

Thanks guys- I'll bet you're right Andreas. I have 15 pages of PM's, which is well over 200.. And the delay mentioned by 52089 may also be the culprit
I'll go through and delete some of the earlier ones and see if that helps.

Brad Abell