encourage combining posts in the trader section?

Post any website technical issues, suggestions, or requests here
Mormon S
Victor III
Personal Text:     Martin     "phono_fluff" on instagram

encourage combining posts in the trader section?

Post by Mormon S »

shouldn't it be a rule to combine posts of items of similar nature? for example, all of the horns that have been posted today by the same person, could have all been part of one post. I also see people making a ton of posts for records in different posts, pushing all of the posts before them to the second page.

Martin

gramophone-georg
Victor VI
Personal Text: Northwest Of Normal

Re: encourage combining posts in the trader section?

Post by gramophone-georg »

Mormon S wrote:shouldn't it be a rule to combine posts of items of similar nature? for example, all of the horns that have been posted today by the same person, could have all been part of one post. I also see people making a ton of posts for records in different posts, pushing all of the posts before them to the second page.

Martin
I've attempted to do it this way several times in the past in order not to be a Trader hog, but those tend to sink like a stone and get buried on P 2 sometimes inside of an hour- either that or I think people look at the first one or two items and then start to... Hey! Wanna ride bikes?

The other annoying thing is conversations about items that have already sold that keep bumping the sold item to the top, but sometimes you just have to know when to let annoyances go. :lol:
"He who dies with the most shellac wins"- some nutty record geek

rgordon939
Victor V

Re: encourage combining posts in the trader section?

Post by rgordon939 »

I hear what you saying, but from personal experience I’ve found that single item post generate better results than multiple item posts. That’s probably what others have found also. And it’s probably why you rarely see multiple item listings on sites like eBay.

Rich Gordon