Database Migration

Post any website technical issues, suggestions, or requests here
FellowCollector
Victor IV

Re: Database Migration

Post by FellowCollector »

fran604g wrote:Thank you for the update, David. I appreciate it, and am happy to hear your friend is doing better. I hope he can make a quick and full recovery!
^^^^ +1 for me as well, David. It's great news to hear that your friend is improving. Thanks for your efforts to help make things better here on the Forum especially considering everything else that you have going on.

Doug

krkey1
Victor I
Personal Text: Kris

Post by krkey1 »

I am glad your friend is doing better.Thanks for all you are doing.

Inigo
Victor VI
Personal Text: Keep'em well oiled

Post by Inigo »

Thanks David MordEth, and the warmest of hopes for you and your friend. I hope he will cross through this hard times sound and safe.
Inigo

MordEth
Victor IV
Personal Text: Contact me for TMF tech support.

Post by MordEth »

Thanks again to everyone for wishing my friend get well soon. Hopefully as long as everything goes well, he should be out in a few days, although they want to send him for rehab, which ideally would be on an outpatient basis.

Back on the original topic, as of last night, the database is now properly running on the new database server and my tickets with the hosting provider appear to be resolved. If the site throws an error message or is very slow to load/post/etc., please let me know the time. I DO NOT need a screen shot of the “white” screen or server 500 errors if it does either. Just let me know when.

But from my random testing the site seems quite a lot more responsive so far.

Regards,

David
Proudly supporting phonograph discussion boards, hosting phonograph sites and creating phonograph videos since 2007.
Need web hosting or web (or other graphic) design? Support MordEth by using BaseZen Consulting for all of your IT consulting needs.
Want more phonograph discussion? Be sure to visit The Online Edison Phonograph Discussion Board.

fran604g
Victor VI
Personal Text: I'm Feeling Cranky

Post by fran604g »

Thank you David. Things on my end are running much smoother and quicker. I checked my PMs and Posts features, and they're doing perfectly now.

Best,
Fran
Francis; "i" for him, "e" for her
"Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while" - the unappreciative supervisor.

phonosandradios
Victor II
Personal Text: So many audio formats, so little listening time!

Post by phonosandradios »

Same here. It seems the problem is sorted :)

Thanks David.
I am interested in all forms of audio media including: gramophones, phonographs, wire recorders, the tefifon, reel to reel tapes, radiograms and radios.

gramophone-georg
Victor VI
Personal Text: Northwest Of Normal

Post by gramophone-georg »

Been great here all day too- better than in quite some time. Hope I didn't curse it now.

Thanks for separating the records out into its own classifieds section too.
"He who dies with the most shellac wins"- some nutty record geek

mtb8
Victor Jr

Post by mtb8 »

Everything is working great for me, too. Thank you, David and I hope your friend gets well soon.
Mike

audiophile102
Victor IV
Personal Text: Say to yourself I am so happy hurray!

Post by audiophile102 »

Thank you David. I was happy to donate to the maintenance of the site and I hope a lot more people do too. My wife had an event last year that brought her into rehab. It was very painful and she cringes when ever we drive past the facility. Best wishes for your friends speedy recovery.
"You can't take the phonographs nor the money with you, but the contentment the phonographs bring may well make your life better, and happier lives make the world a better place."

LT580ZX
Victor Jr

Post by LT580ZX »

I use your system all the time and never realized you could donate to it. So the discussions regarding the problem made me aware of that and I donated today. Thank you so much for all your dedication and hard work. You have one of the best systems going.