TMF label gallery question

Post any website technical issues, suggestions, or requests here
phonosandradios
Victor II
Personal Text: So many audio formats, so little listening time!

TMF label gallery question

Post by phonosandradios »

Is it just me or have all the pictures disappeared from the label galleries?

Here is a link to one of many I looked at and it is empty.

https://talkingmachine.info/labels/medallion/
I am interested in all forms of audio media including: gramophones, phonographs, wire recorders, the tefifon, reel to reel tapes, radiograms and radios.

Curt A
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: Needle Tins are Addictive

Re: TMF label gallery question

Post by Curt A »

Click on "INDEX", then click a letter corresponding to the label name you wish to view...
Attachments
Screen Shot 2020-03-20 at 1.29.44 PM.png
"The phonograph† is not of any commercial value."
Thomas Alva Edison - Comment to his assistant, Samuel Insull.

"No one needs a Victrola XX, a Perfected Graphophone Type G, or whatever you call those noisy things."
My Wife

OrthoSean
Victor V

Post by OrthoSean »

Well, we no longer have any active admins.....

alang
VTLA
Personal Text: TMF Moderator

Post by alang »

Even though I moderate the Archives section, I do not have admin access to the actual label gallery files and don't know what happened there. Since they have been static information for many years my best guess would be that they have been affected by some of the forum upgrades that helped fix the performance problems we had.

Andreas

phonosandradios
Victor II
Personal Text: So many audio formats, so little listening time!

Post by phonosandradios »

OrthoSean wrote:Well, we no longer have any active admins.....
I've flagged it up here so that the next time David logs in he can see it and see if it is an easy fix or not. David has done a great deal over the past months to fix many issues here and I don't see this as a reason to have a go at him. He does have a life outside of TMF and with the current global situation and the friends that depend on him in real life he will get to it when he does and that is good enough for me.
I am interested in all forms of audio media including: gramophones, phonographs, wire recorders, the tefifon, reel to reel tapes, radiograms and radios.

Curt A
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: Needle Tins are Addictive

Post by Curt A »

The only labels I can find on the Index, are Aeolian Vocalion... :roll:
Attachments
Screen Shot 2020-03-24 at 4.33.59 PM.png
"The phonograph† is not of any commercial value."
Thomas Alva Edison - Comment to his assistant, Samuel Insull.

"No one needs a Victrola XX, a Perfected Graphophone Type G, or whatever you call those noisy things."
My Wife

MordEth
Victor IV
Personal Text: Contact me for TMF tech support.

Post by MordEth »

It’s very old code that for some reason is breaking with the version of PHP that the server is now running. I’ll take a look at it in the near future.
Proudly supporting phonograph discussion boards, hosting phonograph sites and creating phonograph videos since 2007.
Need web hosting or web (or other graphic) design? Support MordEth by using BaseZen Consulting for all of your IT consulting needs.
Want more phonograph discussion? Be sure to visit The Online Edison Phonograph Discussion Board.

MordEth
Victor IV
Personal Text: Contact me for TMF tech support.

Post by MordEth »

OrthoSean wrote:Well, we no longer have any active admins.....
Sean,

I’m sorry that the death of my friend (25.5 hours before you posted this, no less) after many months of decline was more important to me at the time than moderating a phonograph board.

Especially since, prior to his assisted living’s COVID-19 quarantine finally limiting number of visitors and visit time on the 18th, where they literally ran me out of the building, I had been spending as much time as possible with him.

I have given my phone number out multiple times on this site, and as I remember, you have my phone number. If there truly is an emergency here, I am reachable via my cell phone.

Regards,

David
Proudly supporting phonograph discussion boards, hosting phonograph sites and creating phonograph videos since 2007.
Need web hosting or web (or other graphic) design? Support MordEth by using BaseZen Consulting for all of your IT consulting needs.
Want more phonograph discussion? Be sure to visit The Online Edison Phonograph Discussion Board.