Meltdown of TMF attachments ?

Post any website technical issues, suggestions, or requests here
emgcr
Victor IV

Meltdown of TMF attachments ?

Post by emgcr »

Has anyone noticed that "Attachments" no longer seem to exist on this board ? When I click on the relevant box this is what appears :

"The selected attachment does not exist anymore".

There is an enormous volume of unique and priceless information and historical records held on our files which would be a tragedy to lose.

Does anyone know what has gone wrong and if there is anything to be done to recover the situation ?

fran604g
Victor VI
Personal Text: I'm Feeling Cranky

Re: Meltdown of TMF attachments ?

Post by fran604g »

It seems to function fine for me.
20220417_064927.jpg
Cheers,
Fran
Francis; "i" for him, "e" for her
"Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while" - the unappreciative supervisor.

Inigo
Victor VI
Personal Text: Keep'em well oiled

Post by Inigo »

I think Graham is referring to old posts, whose attachments are being lost... I've found it also.
We should be able to access backup files of, say, every quarter or semester, and download them...
Gb space will become a problem in the end... The Universal Library... Ufff...
Only the post of yesterday with the last EMG photos... It has 14 images of an average 3Mb per image...
Inigo

fran604g
Victor VI

Post by fran604g »

Inigo wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 5:01 am I think Graham is referring to old posts, whose attachments are being lost... I've found it also.
We should be able to access backup files of, say, every quarter or semester, and download them...
Gb space will become a problem in the end... The Universal Library... Ufff...
Only the post of yesterday with the last EMG photos... It has 14 images of an average 3Mb per image...
Ah. Well, if the attachments were uploaded through a photo service like flickr or photobucket in the past, and the owner either deleted his account or the service no longer exists, then the images are gone from their posts forever. Unfortunately that's a large issue on many of the forums I belong to.

Hence, I always use the image feature of each forum. That being said, it's nice when the OP of those images updates any lost images with current ones, but that seems to not happen very often.

Cheers,
Fran
"Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while" - the unappreciative supervisor.

emgcr
Victor IV

Post by emgcr »

Here is an example :

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=46170

fran604g
Victor VI

Post by fran604g »

Perhaps @MordEth should be contacted?

Fran

emgcr
Victor IV

Post by emgcr »

I have emailed him and very much hope all is not lost !

Orchorsol
Victor IV

Post by Orchorsol »

An absolute disaster if not averted! Here's hoping and praying...
BCN thorn needles made to the original 1920s specifications: http://www.burmesecolourneedles.com

Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCe4DNb ... TPE-zTAJGg?

MordEth
Victor IV
Personal Text: Contact me for TMF tech support.

Post by MordEth »

Considering the board still has 35 GB of attachments in the /files/ directory, I really doubt that anything is lost.

Dreamhost was dumb enough to give us unlimited file storage, so it is not a quota issue.

Currently, I am under the gun with a work deadline, and I just lost a cousin so I have not been on the TMF much this month. I will look into the attachment issue ASAP, but most likely it will be Monday or later next week before I can devote any time to it. Please don’t panic in the meantime.

Regards,

David
Proudly supporting phonograph discussion boards, hosting phonograph sites and creating phonograph videos since 2007.
Need web hosting or web (or other graphic) design? Support MordEth by using BaseZen Consulting for all of your IT consulting needs.
Want more phonograph discussion? Be sure to visit The Online Edison Phonograph Discussion Board.

emgcr
Victor IV

Post by emgcr »

Many thanks David and I hope things become easier in your life soon. Your response and reassurance is greatly appreciated.