PM

Post any website technical issues, suggestions, or requests here
pianolist
Victor I

PM

Post by pianolist »

I’m a retired EE and a geek with full house automation and I can’t figure out the “new” private message system. I rarely use it and usually only for replying to a sale offering. I just tried to do that for the first time. I touched the pm icon and was taken to the members page. It didn’t auto generate the pm, just dumped me. I touched the “Send private message” icon and now in the compose page but no recipient selected. The user name I am trying to send to is below the recipient box but isn’t selectable to make it a recipient. If you touch it you just go back to the member page.

I composed my message anyway and touched submit. No notification if it had been successfully submitted to the recipient or not.

One item in my outbox so looked at that. No recipient or other information available there.

This is truly horrible. What was wrong with the auto generated replies as we had before?

emgcr
Victor IV

Re: PM

Post by emgcr »

I quite agree but have to say that the email facility does work well. I use this when I can but fully appreciate that not everyone has left their address. As you say, the old system used to work very well indeed---if it ain't broke..................