HMV Hayes extension 1927

Discussions on Talking Machines of British or European Manufacture
Oedipus
Victor II

Re: HMV Hayes extension 1927

Post by Oedipus »

The bit that was demolished, leaving only the Archive, was the Central Research Laboratory, which was the newest part; it had been rebuilt about 1990 (I think), with the Archive at one end. The original factory survives in large parts, including the Blomfield headquarters building.

nostalgia
Victor IV
Personal Text: Keep winding up

Post by nostalgia »

I found this photo online, after some detective work.
Many of you may have seen it, but many maybe also have never seen it, among them myself.
Cabinet creation :D at Hayes.
Attachments
Cabinet creation at Hayes 2.png
Cabinet creation at Hayes 2.png (328.08 KiB) Viewed 197 times

poodling around
Victor V

Post by poodling around »

nostalgia wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 2:42 pm I found this photo online, after some detective work.
Many of you may have seen it, but many maybe also have never seen it, among them myself.
Cabinet creation :D at Hayes.
Great photograph !

It is interesting to see how well dressed the workers are. Maybe they 'dressed up' just for the photograph session ? The same is true for the people in steve's photographs though so maybe this is the usual thing ? Great hair cuts too !

Steve
Victor VI
Location: London, Paris, Amsterdam, Berlin, New York, Evesham

Post by Steve »

Oedipus wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 2:26 pm The bit that was demolished, leaving only the Archive, was the Central Research Laboratory, which was the newest part; it had been rebuilt about 1990 (I think), with the Archive at one end. The original factory survives in large parts, including the Blomfield headquarters building.
Thank you. That's good to know. At least it was the modern part that was demolished. One day I think I'll do a tour of the site where it's possible.