Decca 120 Autobrake

Discussions on Talking Machines of British or European Manufacture
Gram1948
Victor Jr

Decca 120 Autobrake

Post by Gram1948 »

I've just begun restoration of a Decca 120 which I received minus its autobrake. Looking on the internet, though, it seems several designs of autobrake were used by Decca on this model. I have attached a photo of the brakes "footprint" i.e. the area of Rexine protected at one time by the autobrakes presence. If anyone can post information and a photo if they're able to identify the brake from this minimal info I'd be grateful.

Thanks
Attachments
Not much to go on but this is the footprint of the autobrake on my Decca 120
Not much to go on but this is the footprint of the autobrake on my Decca 120

Gram1948
Victor Jr

Re: Decca 120 Autobrake

Post by Gram1948 »

Further investigation indicates that the autobrake, part of which is shown in the photo, could be the one I'm looking for but I'd still welcome hearing from anyone who can recognise the autobrake and if you have a 120 with this autobrake on could you photograph it for me? It looks to be a very flimsy mechanism which would be in keeping with the small "footprint" on the motor board

Thanks
Attachments
Decca 120 autobrake 001.jpg

Gram1948
Victor Jr

Re: Decca 120 Autobrake

Post by Gram1948 »

After further investigation it seems the autobrake I am seeking is not the one in the earlier post but the one shown here. The base plate shape seems to match the footprint on my Decca's motor board. It's one thing knowing what you're looking for and another finding it. I post it here in the hope someone, somewhere knows where I may obtain one.
Attachments
This is what the missing brake looks like
This is what the missing brake looks like