A silly phonograph sketch

Discussions on Talking Machines of British or European Manufacture
old country chemist
Victor II

A silly phonograph sketch

Post by old country chemist »

Good to see the Forum is alive and well!
I hope this picture gets to you all, as I have already tried twice!!
Good wishes to you Gramophonologists and PHONOGRAPHOLOGISTS.
Attachments
VERY LONG PHONOGRAPH PLAYER 001.jpg

Inigo
Victor VI
Personal Text: Keep'em well oiled

Re: A silly phonograph sketch

Post by Inigo »

Dear Alastair... as funny as ever!
A gentle salutation!
PS. Will I have the pleasure of meeting you at Malvern? I'd like to put a face on your name...
Inigo

old country chemist
Victor II

Hello Inigo, yes, I shall be at Malvern-for the first time ever! I decided as it was the 100th year celebrations that I had better attend, as I am sure none of us on the forum will be around when the CLPGS celebrates it's 200th year!
I am adding another cartoony sketch which I did last week, as I seem to have had a few ideas to put on paper. I hope you all like this "Nipper" themed cartoon.
Attachments
NIPPER DOG and gram going on a 'plane 001.jpg

Inigo
Victor VI

Post by Inigo »

:D
I'm aware this will be the first time for many members of clpgs, for it's a very special occasion... But in my case, living not too far... I hope this will be just the first time, and maybe I'll start attending every year...! I'm only 1.5 hours away from Birmingham by plane, and another 1.5 hours by train from there to Malvern. In total I expect my journey to be 6 hours from my working place to the hotel entrance. I've took a train ticket parting from BHX just an hour later than my flight arrival... One never knows, and i prefer having to wait for the train than buying a ticket half an hour sooner and then missing it. If I miss the train I must take another ticket, then ask for refund of the one missed...
In Belgium, for instance, one can take any train (same trip) with the same ticket. So if I'd arrive sooner or later it doesn't mind. But I've read (correct me if I'm wrong, please) than in the UK the scheduled ticket is not valid for a different time, same journey.
Inigo

emgcr
Victor IV

Post by emgcr »

Great cartoons, as ever, Alastair. Many thanks for your really splendid efforts which are greatly appreciated by us all. Please keep them coming ! I particularly like the Edi-Tonic but would hate to have to manufacture the lead screw ! Hilarious................

epigramophone
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: An analogue relic trapped in a digital world.

Post by epigramophone »

About a year ago I persuaded Alastair to allow his wonderful cartoons to be published in the CLPGS magazine.
I am pleased to say that they have become a regular and welcome feature. They will keep coming!

Roger.

Orchorsol
Victor IV

Post by Orchorsol »

Clever, hilarious and very much appreciated as always, many thanks Alastair!
BCN thorn needles made to the original 1920s specifications: http://www.burmesecolourneedles.com

Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCe4DNb ... TPE-zTAJGg?

old country chemist
Victor II

Hello chaps! thanks for your kind comments ,etc. I have looked on my computer file of all the cartoon sketches which I can "Gramosketches", and I will send some more to you every now and again. Here is another "Nipper" type sketch for you all.
Attachments
NIPPER DOG CARTOON SKETCH 001.jpg

Inigo
Victor VI

Post by Inigo »

Very nice! :roll:
Inigo

CarlosV
Victor IV

Post by CarlosV »

Inigo wrote::D
I'm aware this will be the first time for many members of clpgs, for it's a very special occasion... But in my case, living not too far... I hope this will be just the first time, and maybe I'll start attending every year...! I'm only 1.5 hours away from Birmingham by plane, and another 1.5 hours by train from there to Malvern. In total I expect my journey to be 6 hours from my working place to the hotel entrance. I've took a train ticket parting from BHX just an hour later than my flight arrival... One never knows, and i prefer having to wait for the train than buying a ticket half an hour sooner and then missing it. If I miss the train I must take another ticket, then ask for refund of the one missed...
In Belgium, for instance, one can take any train (same trip) with the same ticket. So if I'd arrive sooner or later it doesn't mind. But I've read (correct me if I'm wrong, please) than in the UK the scheduled ticket is not valid for a different time, same journey.
It will be the first time for me as well, straight from Luxembourg. Hasta mañana!