Peter Pan Deluxe?

Discussions on Talking Machines of British or European Manufacture
flying500
Victor I

Peter Pan Deluxe?

Post by flying500 »

Peter Pan Deluxe
Peter Pan Deluxe
Does anyone have any info on the Peter pan Deluxe.
The only reference that I have found suggests that the gramophone is the Deluxe of around 1925?

Oedipus
Victor II

Re: Peter Pan Deluxe?

Post by Oedipus »

No, this is not the 'De Luxe' model (the most frequently found Peter Pan); it is the so-called Pocket model, introduced in November 1925. It is quite rare, though the soundbox is probably not original. (I wrote about the Peter Pan models in For the Record No 62, Summer 2017, mainly focussing on the even rarer 'Senior' model).

Attached (I hope) is an advertisement from May 1926, which appeared in that article.
Attachments
P Pan ad May 1926.jpg

flying500
Victor I

Post by flying500 »

Thank you for clarifying that.I am looking for a Peter pan soundbox, but in the meantime the Goldring item does sound and fit well!
I take it that the Deluxe was the improved model over the telescopic horn model?
I have however never seen or heard of a Senior. Do you have an image of that one?

I would love to know more about the company and its range.
Do you know where might I find a copy of the 'For the Record No 62, Summer 2017' article?
Thank you again

Jerry

Oedipus
Victor II

Post by Oedipus »

For the Record is the journal of the City of London Phonograph & Gramophone Society, and I am its Editor. I can supply most back numbers from the last five years, at £4.50 each including UK postage.

Yes, the De Luxe was the improved version compared with the original telescopic horn model. The FtR article covers the Senior in some detail, and also the Pocket model. The two models it does not mention have no known name (they turn up, but I have never seen advertisements for either). One has a gooseneck tone-arm, but mounted simply on the lid, with no horn, while the other is larger and has a sort of flared flat metal horn in the lid; I have heard it unofficially described as the 'dustpan' model.

flying500
Victor I

Post by flying500 »

Thank you for the information. I would like to buy the FtR Summer 17 with the Peter Pan article. How do proceed.
After looking, that I will join the society in December.

There is precious little on the WWW about the finer points and models of the likes of Peter Pan and my other current interest 'Orchorsol'
Do you know where the Celluloid 'Peter Pan' patent plate would be placed and its orientation. there are small pin holes in the lid
adjacent to the hinge but I do not know which way up it should go.
I have a plate from a Deluxe model with Pat Nos 226.015-705313 & others Pending and if correct it would finish the case! Do you have any other pictures of the 'Pocket'?

I would love to one day find examples of the other models.
All the Best
Jerry

Gramtastic
Victor III

Post by Gramtastic »

Hi, I have a spare Peter pan soundbox - are you still looking for one ? I can look it out and send a picture if you are interested

flying500
Victor I

Post by flying500 »

Gramtastic, yes I am still in need of a soundbox Thank you very much for getting in touch.
If its any easier I can send you my email address.
All the Best
Jerry

Gramtastic
Victor III

Post by Gramtastic »

Hi Jerry,

I will look it out - please send your email address and I will send some pictures

Andrew

flying500
Victor I

Post by flying500 »

Andrew,
I have sent you a PM with my email address.
Thank you
Jerry