Imperator 53 Coin-op monster

Discussions on Talking Machines of British or European Manufacture
estott
Victor Monarch
Personal Text: I have good days...this might not be one of them

Re: Imperator 53 Coin-op monster

Post by estott »

Sidewinder wrote:Its a but buried in the basement under a few boxes, but here a sample.

IMPERATOR was a company that was originally a manufacturer of disc format music boxes.
F. A. Richter & Co, Leipzig. The company built a great deal of educational equipment for schools.One of there most interesting musical products was this "Libellion" music box, played by punched card strips[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nhPg2q1bsSM[/youtube]

drh
Victor IV
Personal Text: A Pathé record...with care will live to speak to your grandchildren when they are as old as you are

Re: Imperator 53 Coin-op monster

Post by drh »

Sidewinder wrote:
drh wrote:For whatever it's worth, I have a "Swissie" type machine with Spanish dealer tags that has an Imperator reproducer. If you need a photo, I can provide one. The motor in my machine was either Thorens or Paillard, I forget which, a single-spring post-and-plate affair that wouldn't play a 12" record on a winding. I had it replaced with a similar two-spring motor that will handle a 12" record, but I kept the original in case I ever sold the machine and the buyer wanted it. Again, assuming I can dig it out, I'd be happy to provide a photo, but I can't imagine a machine as grand as the one under discussion would have come with such a wimpy motor.
Thanks would be very interested to see the reproducer :-) .
Here you go!
Attachments
detached obverse.JPG
detached reverse.JPG
front view.JPG
rear view.JPG
on tonearm obverse.JPG
on tonearm reverse.JPG
interior detail.JPG
interior detail.JPG (188.63 KiB) Viewed 558 times