A CHRISTMAS CARD FOR YOU ALL ON THE FORUM.

Discussions on Talking Machines of British or European Manufacture
old country chemist
Victor II

A CHRISTMAS CARD FOR YOU ALL ON THE FORUM.

Post by old country chemist »

Greetings all of you, As I do not enter much on the forum, I thought at least I could send you all my good wishes for the Christmas period, and beyond into 2020.
The enjoyment of sharing any particular hobby with others of like mindedness is indeed a great thing. So long may this forum continue, and I will continue to look in occasionally, to enjoy what you all have to offer. My good friend"Epigramophone" who is a regular contributor, keeps me up to date with mainly the Expert and EMG information, of which I am very interested. Even so, I still enjoy reading about other makes of mechanical music.
Keep it going!
from Alastair Murray.
Attachments
GRAMOPHONE CARD 2019 001.jpg
GRAMOPHONE CARD 2019 001.jpg

emgcr
Victor IV

Re: A CHRISTMAS CARD FOR YOU ALL ON THE FORUM.

Post by emgcr »

Well done Alastair and thank you. Another triumph ! I love your instant record/playback machine---will give it some thought !

Happy Christmas to you too.

Graham

VanEpsFan1914
Victor VI
Personal Text: I've got both kinds of music--classical & rag-time.

Post by VanEpsFan1914 »

Mr. Alastair Murray, a merry Christmas to you from across the Atlantic. I enjoy your cartoons and your posts, and wish you a blessed and peaceful holiday season and many happy hours listening to the E.M.G.

phonosandradios
Victor II
Personal Text: So many audio formats, so little listening time!

Post by phonosandradios »

Thank you and I hope you have a lovely christmas too.

PS I always wondered who drew the cartoon on Philip Knightons flyer for his shop. It was very distinctive and now I know :)
I am interested in all forms of audio media including: gramophones, phonographs, wire recorders, the tefifon, reel to reel tapes, radiograms and radios.

Orchorsol
Victor IV

Post by Orchorsol »

Another wonderful gem Alastair, and a very merry Christmas to you and yours too!

Andy
BCN thorn needles made to the original 1920s specifications: http://www.burmesecolourneedles.com

Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCe4DNb ... TPE-zTAJGg?

epigramophone
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: An analogue relic trapped in a digital world.

Post by epigramophone »

phonosandradios wrote:Thank you and I hope you have a lovely christmas too.

PS I always wondered who drew the cartoon on Philip Knightons flyer for his shop. It was very distinctive and now I know :)
Alastair also did the detailed drawings in "The EMG Story" by Frank James, and contributes regular cartoons for the CLPGS magazine.

Inigo
Victor VI
Personal Text: Keep'em well oiled

Post by Inigo »

Hurrah for our old country chemist! His imaginative and funny cartoons are but a mere tiny reflection of his kindness and warm and happy humanity. I've met him only last October at Malvern, but the few occasions in which we chatted a little, his warm smile, enchanting mood and personal appeal were a present to me. I guess all who know him personally think the same...
Anyway, I will profit from his thread to wish you all a warm and enchanting Christmas time, and a coming year much better!
To those who believe in God, this time has a special connotation in our common faith, which supports all of us well alive in this mad world of us... To all the others, in any case it is a time for pardon, friendship, love and warm feelings towards all those we love...
Let's benefit from it, anyway, and push up all the good things in life, forget the bad things, if any, and widen our hearts to be ready to give and receive more of the true power of humanity: L-O-V-E !!!
Inigo

nostalgia
Victor IV
Personal Text: Keep winding up

Post by nostalgia »

I have never (yet) been able to meet "The old Country Chemist, but am highly enjoying and appreciating his positive, highly imaginative and artistic card greetings:) I want to return the Christmas greetings, to him, and everyone else I have been so lucky and happy to meet here on the forum during the last half a year or so:)) I have learned A LOT, and am very grateful to everyone :) :clover:
Attachments
SantasChristmas.png
SantasChristmas.png (377.25 KiB) Viewed 1223 times