HMV ID?

Discussions on Talking Machines of British or European Manufacture
ts_13
Victor II

HMV ID?

Post by ts_13 »

I am way out of my wheelhouse with this one. Buddy of mine sent me this HMV (at least I can see that on the reproducer), but he doesnt know what it is. Any help? I am not familiar with these at all.
Attachments
7E19F0F4-.jpeg
5DA07189-.jpeg

jamiegramo
Victor III

Re: HMV ID?

Post by jamiegramo »

This isn't an HMV machine. You would see the familiar Victor/HMV gooseneck tonearm, fittings and horn. This is a Swiss-German Continental machine. It appears in nice original condition with an attractive horn but with a later HMV No. 5a soundbox.

SteveM
Victor II

Post by SteveM »

Neato! How does it sound?
“The cup of tea on arrival at a country house is a thing which, as a rule, I particularly enjoy. I like the crackling logs, the shaded lights, the scent of buttered toast, the general atmosphere of leisured cosiness.”

P. G. Wodehouse

ts_13
Victor II

Post by ts_13 »

I do not know.... I wish I did! He picked it up locally, and I guess is going to keep it for a while. I wouldn't mind picking it off if him. He was not sure what it was, I told him it looked German based on the horn and speed control but like I said I really do not know much about European machines. The sound box really threw me off! I thought it was really cool!

What is the market for one of these?

T