HMV Horn Model

Discussions on Talking Machines of British or European Manufacture
Steve
Victor VI
Location: London, Paris, Amsterdam, Berlin, New York, Evesham

Re: HMV Horn Model

Post by Steve »

phonosandradios wrote:
Steve wrote:Both machines are quite standard for their respective territories. I collect rare Indian models where they are unique or superior to the UK equivalents. Sadly this machine is neither and along with the European example is in very poor, tatty condition. I do wonder how tired looking machines with weathered finishes have survived with immaculately plated brightwork? An excellent Intermediate Monarch with wooden horn is going to be anything between 800-1200 GBP. I agree with Oedipus, the Indian machine isn't worth 900 USD in that state with an MG horn needing restoration. I bought my mahogany Intermediate Monarch with wooden horn and with a stunning mahogany cabinet, unusually without any crazing to the finishes for 1000 GBP about 5 years ago. It is the rare double-spring motor variant too.
Just re posting in a larger font as I couldn't read the original text.
Thanks. Sorry, using an Android device doesn't make uploading long posts very easy with larger fonts. Cheers!

SPOONMAN19
Victor O

Re: HMV Horn Model

Post by SPOONMAN19 »

Thanks all!
Well, the seller asked for 900...but I suspect he knows he wont even get half that!but let's see. I am not too keen even at a much lower price.