Another BeoHorN!!! Old or new?

Discussions on Talking Machines of British or European Manufacture
muzafan
Victor Jr
Personal Text: I like old tech phonographs in particular

Another BeoHorN!!! Old or new?

Post by muzafan »

I found another BeoHorn on polish auction site and this one is even more unique than the previous 2 I found. Link to the offer: https://allegrolokalnie.pl/oferta/patefon-beohorn The description states that previous owner had it in his family since 1948. And seller writes that it was probably made in 30’s od 40’s and in limited production (costume made). Now when I know about 3 BeoHorns I start to woder was that an actual brand. Maybe polish? If all 3 of them were based there.
Last edited by muzafan on Sun Feb 16, 2020 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

muzafan
Victor Jr

Re: Another BeoHorn!!! Now I don’t know if they were a thing

Post by muzafan »

This certainly isn’t a Indian crapophone, but is that a design of a modern day enthusiast or realy interesting and forgotten brand from the past?

jamiegramo
Victor III

Post by jamiegramo »

A curious machine. I wonder how well the tangential tracking works, presumably the idea was you could connect either the headphones or the horn to the soundbox tube. The use of both oak and mahogany in the cabinet is a bit odd. I notice it has a British style 3 pin plug, is this style also used in Poland?

My impression is something built by an inventive amateur but hope someone can add something. I note the Beohorn 'B' logo also appears on the headphones so perhaps it is a prototype by that company.

muzafan
Victor Jr

Post by muzafan »

jamiegramo wrote:A curious machine. I wonder how well the tangential tracking works, presumably the idea was you could connect either the headphones or the horn to the soundbox tube. The use of both oak and mahogany in the cabinet is a bit odd. I notice it has a British style 3 pin plug, is this style also used in Poland?

My impression is something built by an inventive amateur but hope someone can add something. I note the Beohorn 'B' logo also appears on the headphones so perhaps it is a prototype by that company.
Well we don’t use UK plugs but I own a BeoHorn with an Euro style one so but as the voltage we run on is tha same the plug could have been easily swapped. The thing is that all the machines with the Beohorn signature I saw were completely different and had no model numbers. II added pictures of another model.
Attachments
8BA61F6B-9B21-455E-BC30-47CA64B1ABC9.jpeg
8BA61F6B-9B21-455E-BC30-47CA64B1ABC9.jpeg (20.55 KiB) Viewed 1313 times
217EED67-718B-41ED-BEBB-A24C0F3A26CC.jpeg
217EED67-718B-41ED-BEBB-A24C0F3A26CC.jpeg (14.86 KiB) Viewed 1313 times
05134853-1D22-41D2-AB6F-7750756D18FB.jpeg
05134853-1D22-41D2-AB6F-7750756D18FB.jpeg (17.59 KiB) Viewed 1313 times

muzafan
Victor Jr

Re: Another BeoHorN!!! Old or new?

Post by muzafan »

It would take some time to take it out of there but this is mine beohorn. Again compleately different design.
Attachments
3C57510F-B3F4-4B06-899C-18CBAE1F6FD2.jpeg

jamiegramo
Victor III

Re: Another BeoHorN!!! Old or new?

Post by jamiegramo »

muzafan wrote:It would take some time to take it out of there but this is mine beohorn. Again compleately different design.
I see there is a predatory looking glass peacock and chrome greyhound determined not to allow you access to the Beohorn. Not to mention the warlike lady archer ready to shoot you. I also have difficulty getting to some machines.

For reference here is the Beohorn in question;
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (71.52 KiB) Viewed 1152 times