"NIPPER" THE H.M.V. DOG AND HIS EXPERT SENIOR"

Post by old country chemist »

NIPPER DOG AND EXPERT GRAM 001.jpg
Here's another I found recently!

gramophoneshane
Victor VI

Re: "NIPPER" THE H.M.V. DOG AND HIS EXPERT SENIOR"

Post by gramophoneshane »

Sorry to be so rude, but don't you have any real machines and projects you could post in this section instead of littering it with drawings?
Personally I think posts like these would be better placed in the Parlour section, or just keep them in one thread and add to it.

epigramophone
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: An analogue relic trapped in a digital world.

Post by epigramophone »

gramophoneshane wrote:Sorry to be so rude, but don't you have any real machines and projects you could post in this section instead of littering it with drawings?
Personally I think posts like these would be better placed in the Parlour section, or just keep them in one thread and add to it.
Look before you post, then apologise. Is this not your idea of a real project?

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=46940

old country chemist
Victor II

Post by old country chemist »

Hello there gramophoneshane. My apologies! Yes you are probably right about placing then together. Trouble is, when sorting my photographs files, I find these sketches every now and again-never had them as a block so to speak. I do keep all the originals sketches together in a gramophone cartoon folder. As I am not much of a "computer user person" and not normally entering much material on the forum very often, I did not know about adding "odd" items to the "Parlour" section. I hope this explanation will suffice for you.

gramophoneshane
Victor VI

epigramophone wrote:
gramophoneshane wrote:Sorry to be so rude, but don't you have any real machines and projects you could post in this section instead of littering it with drawings?
Look before you post, then apologise. Is this not your idea of a real project?

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=46940
That is why I included "projects" in my question.
That is a very interesting project and thread, but these cartoons just push more recent genuine and interesting gramophone threads further into the pages of the board, making them harder to find.
If they were all together in one thread, this wouldn't happen, and they can still be read and commented on by these interested in them, or easily bypassed by those who aren't.

gramophoneshane
Victor VI

old country chemist wrote: I hope this explanation will suffice for you.
You really don't owe me any explanations or apologies. I'm just a nobody who happens to read and occasionally post here, and what I say really doesn't matter in any official capacity here on the forum.

I probably just woke up in a bad mood this morning, and got a little irritated receiving another email notification for a new topic being posted in this forum section only to find it's not what in my opinion, a gramophone related thread.

And while some might argue it is gramophone related because it has a drawing of a horn or machine included, I would think that if I posted a picture of my Austin 7 with a cylinder sitting on the bonnet, that won't make it a hobby related thread.

I am sorry because I know my comment was very rude, and I almost deleted it 4 times, but I have found it a bit annoying of late, and surely I'm not the only person in the world that feels this way.
It wasn't my intentions to upset anyone or cause trouble, and I sincerely apologize if I have, but I do feel these cartoons being kept in one thread, or posted in the parlour (or parlor as the Americans say) section of the board would make it a less frustrating for a-holes like me.

Inigo
Victor VI
Personal Text: Keep'em well oiled

Post by Inigo »

gramophoneshane wrote: And while some might argue it is gramophone related because it has a drawing of a horn or machine included, I would think that if I posted a picture of my Austin 7 with a cylinder sitting on the bonnet, that won't make it a hobby related thread...
:D that would be great !
Inigo

Orchorsol
Victor IV

Post by Orchorsol »

Please do carry on posting these Alastair! Many of us really enjoy them. They are gramophone related. Personally I don't understand the objection, despite the explanation.
BCN thorn needles made to the original 1920s specifications: http://www.burmesecolourneedles.com

Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCe4DNb ... TPE-zTAJGg?

emgcr
Victor IV

Post by emgcr »

I quite agree. They are great fun and we should never take ourselves too seriously in my opinion.

Lucius1958
Victor VI

Post by Lucius1958 »

emgcr wrote:I quite agree. They are great fun and we should never take ourselves too seriously in my opinion.
Words of wisdom...
Screen Shot 2020-10-23 at 9.55.38 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-10-23 at 9.55.38 PM.png (228.84 KiB) Viewed 1202 times
- Bill