Wanted HMV 102 Hand crank

Discussions on Talking Machines of British or European Manufacture
chrissydretro
Victor Jr

Wanted HMV 102 Hand crank

Post by chrissydretro »

Hi All,

I was just wondering if anyone has a spare 102 HMV portable hand crank with the 3 grooves ?

Thanks in advance,
Chris

epigramophone
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: An analogue relic trapped in a digital world.

Re: Wanted HMV 102 Hand crank

Post by epigramophone »

Frequently found on UK eBay, but postage cost to Australia may be prohibitive. Hope you can find one close to home.

chrissydretro
Victor Jr

Post by chrissydretro »

Thanks Epigramophone

zapper
Victor II

Post by zapper »

Hi There is currently a winder and brackets on ebay UK which has 4 days to run. I will post it to Oz if you wish
Zapper

chrissydretro
Victor Jr

Post by chrissydretro »

Thanks Zapper! To be very frank I'd prefer a direct message contact from a member here with one spare one for sale. This platform provides a good alternative to the high priced platform monopolies like eBay where high commission rates and premium to exorbitant priced auctions are the norm.

Cheers Chris

soundgen
Victor V

Post by soundgen »

chrissydretro wrote:Thanks Zapper! To be very frank I'd prefer a direct message contact from a member here with one spare one for sale. This platform provides a good alternative to the high priced platform monopolies like eBay where high commission rates and premium to exorbitant priced auctions are the norm.

Cheers Chris

With HMV 102s regularly fetching £200 to £400 if someone was missing a winding handle I'm sure £40 isn't an unreasonable price ?

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=46927

If you still need one and you only want a want a winder that works I could provide one for £25 including the postage to Australia (£13.25 post cost )