EMG in Dorset

Discussions on Talking Machines of British or European Manufacture
phonosandradios
Victor II
Personal Text: So many audio formats, so little listening time!

EMG in Dorset

Post by phonosandradios »

I was watching a TV programme today which mentioned T.E. Lawrence and out of curiosity I looked him up on google and found that he had a home in Wareham, Dorset - Clouds Hill. In that property he had a music room in the corner of which, well see the photo below.. I am currently working in this part of the country, I may see if I can have a nice close look at this one as I've never seen one in the flesh.
Attachments
1080px-The_Music_Room,_Clouds_Hill.jpg
I am interested in all forms of audio media including: gramophones, phonographs, wire recorders, the tefifon, reel to reel tapes, radiograms and radios.

emgcr
Victor IV

Re: EMG in Dorset

Post by emgcr »

The building is now in the care of the National Trust and the gramophone is an Expert Junior. It would be great if you could take some really good photos for us all---I have wanted to visit for many years but have never quite made it.
Attachments
Clouds Hill 2.PNG
Clouds Hill 2.PNG (542.53 KiB) Viewed 1057 times
Clouds Hill 1.PNG
Clouds Hill.jpg

Orchorsol
Victor IV

Post by Orchorsol »

I think I remember hearing that the Expert there is not actually Lawrence's own, but one that the National Trust obtained to replace the original.
BCN thorn needles made to the original 1920s specifications: http://www.burmesecolourneedles.com

Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCe4DNb ... TPE-zTAJGg?

emgcr
Victor IV

Post by emgcr »

Orchorsol wrote:I think I remember hearing that the Expert there is not actually Lawrence's own, but one that the National Trust obtained to replace the original.
Ah ! Fascinating. I have a similar vague memory and that would explain the older photo where the horn appears to be different and truncated when compared with the one currently present.