Electrola 101L portable

Discussions on Talking Machines of British or European Manufacture
nostalgia
Victor IV
Personal Text: Keep winding up

Re: Electrola 101L portable

Post by nostalgia »

Thank you much for the advice, Mike. I for sure will not let it stay the way it is right now with the color differences. I did not know that car spray paint could be administered on the case, one learns something new every day! I will definitely check this out.

While giving advices, I for the third time have used Vanish spot remover spray ( pink bottle) on a HVM tabletop felt, and again it works wonders for the turntable felt. Process: Sprayed, 10 minute working time, rinsed in hot water, before using a hair dryer for some minutes, and then left to air dry for a couple of days. Don't put the turntable back on too soon and close the lid though, since foam residue/water will easily weaken/remove the decal on the record lid panel, something we of course don't want to happen, and in particular not for this Electrola machine :cry:
Yes, I did this mistake on the first turntable I tested this process on, a light blue HMV 101.

PS. I had to answer rather quickly to this post, I realized I just passed the 666 post, and did not want that post to be the last post today :lol:

PS 2. The gramophone has a HMV 59 motor, I just checked the motor.
Attachments
turntable after cleansing.jpg

soundgen
Victor VI

Re: Electrola 101L portable

Post by soundgen »

Nothing wrong with 666 :D

Mistranslated from the Greek !

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/t ... 49692.html

So how long were you at 616 :evil: