EWC Cylinder Phonograph

Discussions on Talking Machines of British or European Manufacture
CarlosV
Victor IV

Re: EWC Cylinder Phonograph

Post by CarlosV »

Dave D wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 4:27 pm I have the brass balls ordered, but it may take a few weeks to get here from China. Now I am on the hunt for a nice horn for this. I have seen one period advertisement that shows an aluminum horn, but I like the small morning glory style better. Can I have yours? LOL
Dave D
Unfortunately not, Dave, it is the only one I have. But if you search the French ebay (and are willing to pay hefty shipment costs), you will find Pathé aluminum horns that will fit.

alang
VTLA
Personal Text: TMF Moderator

Post by alang »

Dave, if you would considering a reproduction aluminum horn, check here https://zwarteschijf.nl/show-serie.php?serie=38 He used to have two sizes, may be worth asking.

Andreas

Dave D
Victor IV

Post by Dave D »

Thanks, Andreas, for pointing that out. If I can't find something local, I may have to resort to this.
Dave

budsta
Victor I

Post by budsta »

Pretty sure they have a spider stylus. I can send a picture when i get back home if you don’t have one.
Aluminium horn more appropriate but a flower horn would look better. Finding a small flower horn with the larger small end will be difficult indeed.

Dave D
Victor IV

Post by Dave D »

Hi Budsta! I have seen photos on the internet of this reproducer with a few different types of stylus holder. I think I will just make one similar to those used on a Columbia floating reproducer.
Dave

budsta
Victor I

Post by budsta »

I needed a reproducer for my Pandora as it came with a recorder. They practically never turn up on there own. I eventually was fortunate to get one from the UK