How a rocket projectile tried to destroy the collection

Discussions on Talking Machines of British or European Manufacture
nostalgia
Victor IV
Personal Text: Keep winding up

Re: How a rocket projectile tried to destroy the collection

Post by nostalgia »

Thank you for sharing the photo and youtube video, and above all...the information that you and your family are well.
Our thoughts go out to you!
:rose:

JerryVan
Victor Monarch Special

Post by JerryVan »

Happy to see you're doing well. Keep it up my friend! :rose:

gramophone-georg
Victor VI
Personal Text: Northwest Of Normal

Post by gramophone-georg »

Please do keep in touch. We are all pulling for you!
"He who dies with the most shellac wins"- some nutty record geek

VanEpsFan1914
Victor VI
Personal Text: I've got both kinds of music--classical & rag-time.

Post by VanEpsFan1914 »

Hello--How are you and your countrymen getting along lately? Are you still alive & well, and is your city holding up?

I can't find much news of the war here, because I do not know where to look, but what news has come in has been horrific. Hope that you all win the fight and can begin rebuilding Ukraine.

Steve
Victor VI
Location: London, Paris, Amsterdam, Berlin, New York, Evesham

Post by Steve »

VanEpsFan1914 wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 11:22 am Hello--How are you and your countrymen getting along lately? Are you still alive & well, and is your city holding up?

I can't find much news of the war here, because I do not know where to look, but what news has come in has been horrific. Hope that you all win the fight and can begin rebuilding Ukraine.
Do you live in Russia by any chance?

gramophone-georg
Victor VI
Personal Text: Northwest Of Normal

Post by gramophone-georg »

Steve wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 3:25 pm
VanEpsFan1914 wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 11:22 am Hello--How are you and your countrymen getting along lately? Are you still alive & well, and is your city holding up?

Why on earth would you ask that? The man's location is right in his profile. :?
"He who dies with the most shellac wins"- some nutty record geek

VanEpsFan1914
Victor VI
Personal Text: I've got both kinds of music--classical & rag-time.

Post by VanEpsFan1914 »

No, and I have about as much use for Russia and its monkey tricks lately as I do for a hole in the head. I don't have a television & use the Internet for very little, so was hoping to check in and make sure we aren't missing a Forum member.

Steve
Victor VI

Post by Steve »

VanEpsFan1914 wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 5:47 pm

No, and I have about as much use for Russia and its monkey tricks lately as I do for a hole in the head. I don't have a television & use the Internet for very little, so was hoping to check in and make sure we aren't missing a Forum member.
Yes, I was curious as you said you couldn't find much news of the "war" (read: invasion) and didn't know where to look. Obviously in some countries the truth is censored and filtered out of the media, most notably in Russia itself. If you don't use the Internet much and don't have a TV (very sensible) you are putting yourself at a distinct disadvantage. The Russian invasion has been a high priority news item here since the beginning. There is a lot of coverage on the Web. How would you normally expect to receive your news out of interest?

Steve
Victor VI

Post by Steve »

Steve wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 4:17 am
VanEpsFan1914 wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 5:47 pm

Yes, I was curious as you said you couldn't find much news of the "war" (read: invasion) and didn't know where to look. Obviously in some countries the truth is censored and filtered out of the media, most notably in Russia itself. If you don't use the Internet much and don't have a TV (very sensible) you are putting yourself at a distinct disadvantage. The Russian invasion has been a high priority news item here since the beginning. There is a lot of coverage on the Web. How would you normally expect to receive your news out of interest?

I think it's important to not denigrate Russia as a country or its people in general. This is Putin's invasion.

Steve
Victor VI

Post by Steve »

gramophone-georg wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 3:57 pm

Why on earth would you ask that? The man's location is right in his profile. :?
Assuming I was curious enough to dig into the personal profile (which unfortunately I'm not), that's not always a reliable indicator anyway as people change facts about themselves from time to time online to suit their particular circumstances. It was also an ironic question :lol: as apart from Russia and China, there aren't many places in the world you can't get up to date news bulletins about the situation.

I understand you didn't pick up on that but it's now been explained he doesn't use the Internet or have a TV. That maybe explains why he "can't find much news".