How a rocket projectile tried to destroy the collection

Discussions on Talking Machines of British or European Manufacture
maestro2009
Victor O
Personal Text: Collector

How a rocket projectile tried to destroy the collection

Post by maestro2009 »

Hello to all collectors. I am from Ukraine. My hometown Kharkov is now being destroyed by the Russian army. But we fight steadfastly for our homes and our children. I am a peaceful collector and restorer. Many of you were on my website https://grammophon.biz.ua/ Come, watch the news and links to my YouTube channel Maestro Gramophone. I want the whole world to know the truth about this war. https://youtu.be/iVK5bbNWDlk
vlcsnap-2022-03-04-17h11m45s060.png
vlcsnap-2022-03-04-17h12m47s270.png
vlcsnap-2022-03-04-17h21m08s613.png

Roaring20s
Victor V
Personal Text: Those who were seen dancing were thought insane by those who could not hear the music. Nietzsche

Re: How a rocket projectile tried to destroy the collection

Post by Roaring20s »

Take care of your family. :rose:
Stay safe. :clover:

James. :cry:

drh
Victor IV
Personal Text: A Pathé record...with care will live to speak to your grandchildren when they are as old as you are

Post by drh »

I don't suppose anywhere can be safe, but I'll second what James said anyway. For whatever it's worth, thanks to you and others like you who get the word out even while in peril, the world does know the terrible events that are happening in your country and condemns those responsible.

maestro2009
Victor O
Personal Text: Collector

Post by maestro2009 »

Thanks for the support! I'm still lucky. The city is destroyed. This is a real genocide of the Ukrainian people. Putin is crazy!
изображение_viber_2022-03-04_18-32-46-251.jpg
изображение_viber_2022-03-04_18-31-36-292.jpg

JerryVan
Victor Monarch Special

Post by JerryVan »

I am so sorry for you and for the people of Ukraine. I have been deeply saddened by the news reports we're getting. You are all among some of the bravest people I have heard of. May God bless you and the good people of Ukraine in your struggles over the forces of evil. :rose:

SteveM
Victor II

Post by SteveM »

Please know that you have a special place in our hearts right now, and your strength and steadfastness is inspiring, beyond belief.

My town was established as the sister city to Bohodukhiv in 1956 by our President Eisenhower, to promote peace through mutual respect, understanding, and cooperation. We've had a a student exchange program with you for decades, and many of our townspeople have been to Bohodukhiv. This is the sign on our town's train station ...
274864431_4757121664355958_2662000403075393141_n.jpg
“The cup of tea on arrival at a country house is a thing which, as a rule, I particularly enjoy. I like the crackling logs, the shaded lights, the scent of buttered toast, the general atmosphere of leisured cosiness.”

P. G. Wodehouse

JeffR1
Victor II

Post by JeffR1 »

Putin needs to be beaten over the head with one of those crushed horns ! :x

Now others might say, "you would be no better then he is", but people like that don't accept diplomacy, they understand violence, and that is what it takes to stop them.

Psychotic bullies need to be shot !

Inigo
Victor VI
Personal Text: Keep'em well oiled

Post by Inigo »

Good bless you! And let Him inspire Putin to stop his stupid terrible unfair war, get aware of the evil he's doing to all of you, innocent people, and help you all to recover and repair the damage he has caused with this disaster... Ukraine is in our prayers!
Inigo

gramophone-georg
Victor VI
Personal Text: Northwest Of Normal

Post by gramophone-georg »

Немає виправдання для війни! Я з Україною.
"He who dies with the most shellac wins"- some nutty record geek

Bruce
Victor III

Post by Bruce »

I have been following this "war" closely as my oldest son is in the USA 82nd Air-Borne deployed to Poland. He and his mates are eager to cross the border to stand up to Putin and help out the Ukrainians. I to am very frustrated to watch as Ukraine stands up to the second largest army in the world while we only enact sanctions and provide supplies.
But to cross the border would mean putting my son in harms way and likely leading to Putin attacking other NATO countries.

I am at a loss for words which may offer you some support and comfort. Take care of your self and your family.

Please do not put yourself at risk to protect that beautiful gramophone collection. I and many of us on this forum on the safe side of the Atlantic will be there for you to help rebuilding when that time comes.

Bruce
Vancouver, Canada