How a rocket projectile tried to destroy the collection

Discussions on Talking Machines of British or European Manufacture
Lucius1958
Victor VI

Re: How a rocket projectile tried to destroy the collection

Post by Lucius1958 »

I pray that you make it through these dark times with no worse damage. Stay strong and safe!
- Bill

maestro2009
Victor O
Personal Text: Collector

Post by maestro2009 »

Thanks! They bombed again at night, but I continue my pre-war work in the bomb shelter. Posted snippets while alive https://youtu.be/RehDu4k8_jw
Николаевская площадь. Городская Управа Вернер.jpeg
Николаевская площадь. Городская Управа Вернер+ лошадь.jpg

Steve
Victor VI
Location: London, Paris, Amsterdam, Berlin, New York, Evesham

Post by Steve »

This is devastating. Like others here I'm pinned to the online news and radio all day. We're following the events every day very closely here in the UK.

I haven't got words to describe Putin. He's being called a war criminal and the news reports showing the massacring of the innocent does certainly bear this out. I hope the world that is united against this tyrant bears its teeth very soon before thousands more people are killed.

The last thing the world needs now is another Hitler on the rampage. Someone please find him and take him out. There's a massive price on his head already.

Prayers and thoughts go out to everyone in Ukraine. We stand proudly alongside you.

drh
Victor IV
Personal Text: A Pathé record...with care will live to speak to your grandchildren when they are as old as you are

Post by drh »

Maestro, my daughter is in the chorus of an operetta production in Rockville, Maryland (USA). Before each performance, the orchestra has been playing the Ukrainian national anthem with a call for the audience to stand. As her dad, I've been attending each, and so far I haven't seen anyone decline to join in.

It's only a symbolic gesture, I know, but I hope it shows how people think and feel here.

tomb
Victor IV

Post by tomb »

May god be with you.. I do not think people realize how bad it can be by seeing the events on TV versus being there. The constant wondering if you will be alive the next day. The trouble with wars are many more civilians are killed and than military people. Everyone is rooting for you. You had beautiful country. Tom

Marco Gilardetti
Victor IV
Personal Text: F. Depero, "Grammofono", 1923.

Post by Marco Gilardetti »

maestro2009 wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 10:22 amI want the whole world to know the truth about this war.
You can rest assured that the whole world - except Russia itself where people is numbed by propaganda - perfectly knows what is going on in Ukraine, and rest assured that nobody repeat nobody is on the russian side. 95% of TV news are all about the russian aggression against Ukraine. Italians are deeply impressed by the way in which you're defending your homeland and your liberty. We are collecting and sending out a HUGE amount of food and medicines to the borders, and we're ready to host women, children and elder people who might need to leave the country. We wish we could do more than that.

Please take care as much as you can. And please let us have news from you on a regular basis, when possible. :clover:

maestro2009
Victor O

Post by maestro2009 »

On this sunny day, I congratulate all the women of the world on March 8
And my gift to both women was taken out for groceries in my car. We looked at life not from the basement. We have the best people. I don't immigrate! The wife bakes a cake and cooks borscht. The neighbors brought a lot of products, and we bought them cigarettes ... since people in the market were upset that they did not get to buy cigarettes, the seller simply gave away 10 packs for free. Watch the video of this trip

https://youtu.be/DGsTParjqj8 .

subtitles automatically, but maybe you will understand something
Attachments
vlcsnap-2022-03-08-22h41m34s731.png

stetam
Victor II

Post by stetam »

It's great to see people helping out each other in such a terrible time.

maestro2009
Victor O

Post by maestro2009 »

https://youtu.be/jF4LJ8e-ucQ видео на войне граммофон
Агитбригады от Маэстро Граммофон. Подымаю боевой дух. Как я борюсь с заточением

Propaganda teams from Maestro Gramophone. I am raising my and all Ukrainians' fighting stamina. As I live in confinement in a bunker
vlcsnap-2022-03-10-09h33m34s910.png

epigramophone
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: An analogue relic trapped in a digital world.

Post by epigramophone »

The whole of the civilised world is with your people in spirit, and is praying for this madness to end.
This Saturday members of the CLPGS West of England Group are meeting for an informal record session. As a small gesture of solidarity I will be playing records by Alexander Kipnis and Antonina Nezhdanova, both of whom were born in Ukraine.