How a rocket projectile tried to destroy the collection

Discussions on Talking Machines of British or European Manufacture
phonodesbois
Victor II

Re: How a rocket projectile tried to destroy the collection

Post by phonodesbois »

What is happening is just awful. As other members said, we are all willing to help and support you.
By any means, just take care and save your life.

nostalgia
Victor IV
Personal Text: Keep winding up

Post by nostalgia »

Originally written as support and comfort to Ukraine after the Chernobyl accident in 1986, the UK band "Barclay James Harvest" wrote the song "Kiev" ( Kyiv).
Even if the total of the lyrics don't totally fit the current tragedies in Ukraine, there are still some parts of the lyrics that came to my mind when the tragedies started two weeks ago, and I am pasting parts of the lyrics here, along with a link to youtube, since I feel the feelings expressed in the song and its lyrics hopefully can give some kind of comfort, and...hope.

Kiev
"My friends it's not what you were famous for
But now the whole world's watching you
If we could help you then you know we would
But we don't know just what to do
Kiev, a candle with a flame
You'll never be the same
Our hearts go out to you
And what you're going through
They've thrown away your past
Just like an empty glass
Into the fire"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MnbO12HgoIA

:rose:

Lah Ca
Victor III

Post by Lah Ca »

My wife and I are making bi-monthly donations to the Red Cross relief fund for Ukraine. This is not much help with the war, but we hope it will do a little to ease the suffering.

I have convinced two Canadian chain stores to stop carrying Russian products. Again this is not much help with the war.

I feel so angry and so helpless here. I am sorry for the inadequacy of my efforts.

There is a lot unified support here in Canada from all sides of the political spectrum (except the lunatic fringes) for the Ukraine resistance, including among some Russian ex-pats I know who are very angry at what has happened.

Stay as safe as possible.

maestro2009
Victor O
Personal Text: Collector

Post by maestro2009 »

Yes friends! Times have changed a lot and the world will never be the same again. Now I am trying to save my daughter and wife, my mother, who is 91 years old and who survived the terrible German occupation of 1943 in my native Kharkov. But even the Soldiers of Adolf Hitler did not bring as much destruction to the city as the bombing of the Russian World. I adapted my workshop into a bomb shelter, while it still has all communications. And earlier in this workshop I created masterpieces of restoration of gramophones and phonographs. Look at my channel Maestro Gramophone on YouTube my work, support by subscribing. There are a lot of interesting things there and I constantly try to spread how the city of Kharkov lives now. I really hope to save the collection of gramophones and records and when will this horror end and I can cooperate with all of you
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQ0smU ... MT42WiV_ww my channel
https://youtu.be/OQzNl5IWtno last video
DSC00025.JPG
also my site https://grammophon.biz.ua/
Last edited by maestro2009 on Sat Mar 12, 2022 11:41 pm, edited 3 times in total.

gramophone-georg
Victor VI
Personal Text: Northwest Of Normal

Post by gramophone-georg »

maestro2009 wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 11:40 am Thanks for the support! I'm still lucky. The city is destroyed. This is a real genocide of the Ukrainian people. Putin is crazy!изображение_viber_2022-03-04_18-32-46-251.jpgизображение_viber_2022-03-04_18-31-36-292.jpg
Unfortunately, Gospodin Ras Putin is NOT "crazy". It's even worse. He simply doesn't care. No such thing as "ex" KGB.
If it weren't for the threat of nuclear war, I am sure us Americans would be there with you to mop these clowns up. Someone with normal feelings would never launch the first nuke. But unfortunately, Putin does not care. He'll shrug his shoulders and kill millions, then have a nice toast in the bunker. We can see how little he cares by how he takes care of his own soldiers.

I agree with Putin that the fall of the Soviet Union was the worst geopolitical tragedy of the 21st century. Why do I say that? Because we are dealing with Putin rather than Gorbachev or whomever Gorbachev would have mentored. At least they would have been more human.

There was a song by Sting in the '80s called "Russians". In case you don't remember it, there was a line that went something like "the only thing to save both me and you, is if the Russians love their children, too".

Not so sure on that one right now.

Sorry for the soapbox speech. I was a major in German and Russian Language/ Literature with a minor in Soviet Studies in university in the 70s. My professor for both Russian language and Soviet Studies was a Ukranian, Dr. Fyodor Mackiw. He was a Revolution baby and saw all of it. He had very hardfast opinions, but the Soviets never proved him wrong on anything. He gave amazing insight.

No, I fear "crazy" isn't what we have here. The guy thinks he is Tsar Alexander III with nukes.
Stay strong. Easy to say from here.
"He who dies with the most shellac wins"- some nutty record geek

maestro2009
Victor O

Post by maestro2009 »

maestro2009
Victor O

Post by maestro2009 »

https://youtu.be/XsVL14-x6wg
my 2 2.jpg
As long as I still have everything. I am alive and even uploaded one of my early works from my archive

fran604g
Victor VI
Personal Text: I'm Feeling Cranky

Post by fran604g »

maestro2009 wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 10:20 am https://youtu.be/XsVL14-x6wg
my 2 2.jpg

As long as I still have everything. I am alive and even uploaded one of my early works from my archive
I hope for an end to the madness, and that you can return very soon to your former life with some normalcy. I can't imagine the reality you must be experiencing now. My heart goes out to you.

Kind regards,
Fran
Francis; "i" for him, "e" for her
"Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while" - the unappreciative supervisor.

Inigo
Victor VI
Personal Text: Keep'em well oiled

Post by Inigo »

Be brave, nice people! And let's pray God to bless you and don't allow this to continue. My daily prayers are with you!
Inigo

maestro2009
Victor O

Post by maestro2009 »

I'm fine.... still alive
https://youtu.be/64GWjFFDCiE
Attachments
patefons4-Colorized2.jpg
outub.png