Victor VI
Personal Text: Northwest Of Normal

Re: How a rocket projectile tried to destroy the collection

Post by gramophone-georg »

Steve wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 4:28 am
gramophone-georg wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 3:57 pm
Steve wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 3:25 pm

Do you live in Russia by any chance?
Why on earth would you ask that? The man's location is right in his profile. :?
Assuming I was curious enough to dig into the personal profile (which unfortunately I'm not), that's not always a reliable indicator anyway as people change facts about themselves from time to time online to suit their particular circumstances. It was also an ironic question :lol: as apart from Russia and China, there aren't many places in the world you can't get up to date news bulletins about the situation.

I understand you didn't pick up on that but it's now been explained he doesn't use the Internet or have a TV. That maybe explains why he "can't find much news".
You wouldn't have needed to dig into his profile- it's under "location" on every post. ;)

As to getting news- while you have a point, it's debatable whether one is getting the entire story in USA these days, as the usual serving seems to be a grain of truth in a liter of political slant. I really wish they would simply get back to reporting the news here... so yes, I did pick up on that but obviously you didn't think it out all that well. :)

All that aside, though, even the best news won't really give us any insight into our OPs situation. Hope he is OK, or as OK as possible given the circumstances.

Peace
"He who dies with the most shellac wins"- some nutty record geek

Steve
Victor VI
Location: London, Paris, Amsterdam, Berlin, New York, Evesham

Post by Steve »

gramophone-georg wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 1:51 pm
Steve wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 4:28 am
gramophone-georg wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 3:57 pm

Why on earth would you ask that? The man's location is right in his profile. :?
Assuming I was curious enough to dig into the personal profile (which unfortunately I'm not), that's not always a reliable indicator anyway as people change facts about themselves from time to time online to suit their particular circumstances. It was also an ironic question :lol: as apart from Russia and China, there aren't many places in the world you can't get up to date news bulletins about the situation.

I understand you didn't pick up on that but it's now been explained he doesn't use the Internet or have a TV. That maybe explains why he "can't find much news".
You wouldn't have needed to dig into his profile- it's under "location" on every post. ;)

As to getting news- while you have a point, it's debatable whether one is getting the entire story in USA these days, as the usual serving seems to be a grain of truth in a liter of political slant. I really wish they would simply get back to reporting the news here... so yes, I did pick up on that but obviously you didn't think it out all that well. :)

All that aside, though, even the best news won't really give us any insight into our OPs situation. Hope he is OK, or as OK as possible given the circumstances.

Peace
Just to correct you here, but the poster's location is certainly not showing on every post or any post when viewed on an Android device. I get that it does on a PC or Mac but not everyone views this forum that way, especially me. ;)

On political slants, just watch the BBC these days. The problem you describe isn't unique to the States. It's endemic within the British media these days but the BBC regularly gets retitled to Biased Broadcasting Corporation by people on social media.

As for the part I "didn't think out that well" feel free to elaborate at your leisure.

I too wonder where the OP is and how he's getting along. With radio silence since April, four months ago, I fear the worst. I hope he chimes in soon to assuage our worst fears, I really do.

It's a terribly sad and completely unnecessary situation brought about by a madman and tyrant.

Marco Gilardetti
Victor IV
Personal Text: F. Depero, "Grammofono", 1923.

Post by Marco Gilardetti »

Steve wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 4:11 amI too wonder where the OP is and how he's getting along. With radio silence since April, four months ago, I fear the worst. I hope he chimes in soon to assuage our worst fears, I really do.
Don't say so, let's not loose hope. It's more likely after all that the internet / cellphone net is totally gone in his area, or that the entire AC net is blacked out.

I agree in full that this war has absolutely no reason to exist, nothing repeat absolutley nothing that couldn't be solved diplomatically or by means of international treaties. It is solely and only the result of the imperialistic distorted view of a tyrant, that I hope will soon find the same death that most tyrants who overstretched the patience of their people have historically met.

gramophoneshane
Victor VI

Post by gramophoneshane »

Fear not. Maestro is alive and well, or at least he was 3 days ago, when he uploaded his latest video to YouTube.
He's actually uploaded new videos 3, 4, 5 & 7 days ago.

I too was a bit concerned maybe 4-5 weeks ago, so I checked his YouTube channel and he'd uploaded a new video that day or the day before.
So I subscribed to his channel, and left a comment on the new video.
I basically said that we hadn't seen any posts here for awhile, so were a little concerned, but was glad to see he was uploading new videos still, and that we at the forum were thinking of him and wished him the best.

I think I got a response a few hours later saying thank you and that he was doing well. And I could tell that the gentleman appreciated that we'd been thinking of him.

So my conclusion was that it was probably best to subscribe to the YouTube channel, and that would allow me to do a kind of welfare check when I felt the need, in a completely uninvasive way. I think subscribing also gives you the opportunity to say I'm glad you're ok as well as comment on the video content, rather than being pretty limited to expressing sympathy and commenting on the war.

I mean we all know this whole disgusting nightmare situation was created by some psychotic dictator who should be put down like a savage rabid dog.
And I honestly can't even begin to image what it must feel like to be in Ukrainian shoes and have to live through such deviation, but I do know if I was, the last thing I'd want is to be bombarded from every direction from every person on the planet you come in contact with, constantly reminding me what a sad and trajic situation I am in, on top of actually having to live with and survive it.
Id be trying to live every aspect of my life as normally as possible with the least negativity possible, almost like being in denial of my surrounding, otherwise I don't think I could survive.

I kind of wonder if we were all facing this same , situation, how many of us could just walk away from our collections, from our families home and a lifetime of memories and posessions?
Personally, I just don't think I could do it at all.
I could handle loosing everything to a fire or a flood.. insurance kicks in and you go shopping,
But to loose everything to bombs and looters and be left with absolutely nothing, I think I'd rather be dead and go down with the ship

gramophone-georg
Victor VI
Personal Text: Northwest Of Normal

Post by gramophone-georg »

Shane, thanks for the update. I hope Maestro makes it through with all his loved ones all right.

I think the EU, NATO, and US would have jumped in to stop this long ago if it were not for the loose cannon with nukes. :roll: What is more mystifying to me is that nobody in the Russian Federation has put a stop to Ras Putin over this. What, do they really want to go back to a Soviet standalone economy? Maybe Ras does, but I cant see others there going for this- they're too addicted to Western money, which the ruble has zero chance of outpacing, ever.

It's disgusting to find Europe back in 1939 again. Best wishes to Maestro and his family/ friends. If he winds up losing his collection to these Putini b@st@rds let's help him out. I am ready to send a gramo from my small collection over to Ukraine on my dime once all this is over if that happens. I am serious.
"He who dies with the most shellac wins"- some nutty record geek