Nice HMV Accessory - Ebay bargain !

Discussions on Talking Machines of British or European Manufacture
Gramtastic
Victor III

Nice HMV Accessory - Ebay bargain !

Post by Gramtastic »

Very pleased with this latest purchase ! It is a post war shop counter display box for HMV Spring Lubricant and Motor Grease with all six boxed unused tubes in it. It must be a rare survivor to have lasted around 70 years with all six full tubes in place ! I have seen very tatty part-used tubes sold occasionally but never six unused ones in the shop display box in such good condition, and what did the seller want for this ?? .............. Buy it now for £20 !
Attachments
IMG_8543.JPG
IMG_8544.JPG
IMG_8545.JPG
IMG_8546.JPG

Steve
Victor VI
Location: London, Paris, Amsterdam, Berlin, New York, Evesham

Re: Nice HMV Accessory - Ebay bargain !

Post by Steve »

Amazing bargain, congratulations! It never appeared on any of my searches so I don't know where it was hidden away.

One word of caution though. I used to own a tube of HMV spring grease and kept it stored in a drawer with other accessories. When I went to retrieve something from the drawer after many years I found the tube was disintegrating and all the grease had leaked everywhere damaging several other items of ephemera.

I bought one tube of grease from the Late Ruth Lambert and paid more for it 30 years ago than what you've acquired here. Sadly I had to bin it.

Gramtastic
Victor III

Post by Gramtastic »

Thanks Steve, it had only been on for about 20 minutes when I saw it so I guess I just got lucky !!

Hoodoo
Victor O

Post by Hoodoo »

Score!!!

GramophoneSmith
Victor Jr

Post by GramophoneSmith »

Congratulations I have one stating motor grease. Possibly earlier. Love stuff like this.
Attachments
20180606_125050.jpg