Partial sale of my collection

Discussions on Talking Machines of British or European Manufacture
rodolfo stiassi
Victor Jr
Personal Text: Pashion, not collection

Re: Partial sale of my collection

Post by rodolfo stiassi »

gramophoneshane wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 5:31 am I have to say I'm not quite so convinced it's a scam.
After reading do not reply via the clubisas YouTube channel I did, and commented on a 202 video asking if it was for sale or only the 203.

I got a response saying only the 203 is for sale, so at the very least it appears that person posting here also runs the YouTube channel.
I thought perhaps some scammer may have referenced a random channel as a vague proof of ownership for a variety of machines, but this doesn't seem to be the case.

So my apologies to Rodolfo if I've cast any doubts on a genuine post, even though it's a repeated post hours apart in the wrong section of the forum.
Perhaps cultural diversity is a better explanation rather than anything sinister.
Thanks a lot. I will try to move the post in the correct place

Sidewinder
Victor III

Post by Sidewinder »

epigramophone wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 5:50 am I was intrigued by the inclusion of two Fonotipia machines in the list. Never having seen even a picture of one I hoped to find them on his YouTube channel, but did not.
If this is a genuine sale, which it now seems to be, it is a very convoluted way of going about it.

P.S. Can someone please sort out which of the two current threads we should be using.
Don't get too excited! If memory serves me, they are Odeon table top cabinet machines ca 1920 re-branded Fonotipia.

https://www.catawiki.com/en/l/22904179- ... rammophone

epigramophone
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: An analogue relic trapped in a digital world.

Post by epigramophone »

Since Odeon and Fonotipia were both brands of the Lindstrom Group, that makes perfect sense.
I have recently found these images of a Fonotipia badged machine :
Attachments
Fonotipia gramophone.jpg
Lid transfer.jpg
Lid transfer.jpg (91.76 KiB) Viewed 399 times