Partial sale of my collection

Discussions on Talking Machines of British or European Manufacture
rodolfo stiassi
Victor Jr
Personal Text: Pashion, not collection

Partial sale of my collection

Post by rodolfo stiassi »

Hi to all friends collectors.
Due to several reasons, I decided that a part of my collection of gramophones and records will change owner.
The gramophones I decided to sell are:
HMV 203, Automatic 1, 193 as "super" lot
HMV 25 with brass horn and nr. 2 gold soundbox
HMV II mahogany horn
Zonophone 1901
Columbia AH very 1st 1901-2
Cascade
Edison Standard 2/4
Victrola 8/30 Credenza
Victrola 8/9
Brunswick Ultona consolle
Fonotipia table 2 horns (broken spring)
Fonotipia table
Few uncommon or scarce portables
Some spares

Almost all are visible and audible on YOUTUBE in my account clubisas. Please, don't write there as I rarely read messages on yt.

I'm dividing the records in some lots, all containing some uncommon or rare records:
Jazz USA of the 20' and '30's
Classical
Opera (not many)
Historical (few)
For the Italian an european jazz lot I am just in negotiation.

Buyers will arrange pickup or shipment.

If you are interested please contact me at rodorodos59@gmail.com

Victor VI

Re: Partial sale of my collection

Post by 52089 »

This is a "For Sale" post and should have been posted to the appropriate "Trader" subforum, following the rules there about post titles and including prices.

It also helps tremendously to know where you are located.

gramophoneshane
Victor VI

Post by gramophoneshane »

52089 wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:24 pm This is a "For Sale" post and should have been posted to the appropriate "Trader" subforum, following the rules there about post titles and including prices.

It also helps tremendously to know where you are located.
Some people are above the rules unlike the rest of us lowly peasants lol :lol:

Steve
Victor VI
Location: London, Paris, Amsterdam, Berlin, New York, Evesham

Post by Steve »

A scam?

This advertiser must be in the UK to own a 203, no. 1, 193, Bond Cascade and Expert Senior, surely? They are all very rare high quality British machines but this poster had never posted anything before this misplaced advert.

epigramophone
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: An analogue relic trapped in a digital world.

Post by epigramophone »

Steve wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 4:46 pm A scam?

This advertiser must be in the UK to own a 203, no. 1, 193, Bond Cascade and Expert Senior, surely? They are all very rare high quality British machines but this poster had never posted anything before this misplaced advert.
Confusingly there are two current threads on this topic. Here is the other one including my findings. I also suspect a scam.

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=53324e

CarlosV
Victor IV

Post by CarlosV »

Steve wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 4:46 pm A scam?

It seems he is located in Bologna, Steve, judging from some of his clips.

gramophoneshane
Victor VI

I have to say I'm not quite so convinced it's a scam.
After reading do not reply via the clubisas YouTube channel I did, and commented on a 202 video asking if it was for sale or only the 203.

I got a response saying only the 203 is for sale, so at the very least it appears that person posting here also runs the YouTube channel.
I thought perhaps some scammer may have referenced a random channel as a vague proof of ownership for a variety of machines, but this doesn't seem to be the case.

So my apologies to Rodolfo if I've cast any doubts on a genuine post, even though it's a repeated post hours apart in the wrong section of the forum.
Perhaps cultural diversity is a better explanation rather than anything sinister.

epigramophone
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: An analogue relic trapped in a digital world.

Post by epigramophone »

I was intrigued by the inclusion of two Fonotipia machines in the list. Never having seen even a picture of one I hoped to find them on his YouTube channel, but did not.
If this is a genuine sale, which it now seems to be, it is a very convoluted way of going about it.

P.S. Can someone please sort out which of the two current threads we should be using.

gramophoneshane
Victor VI

CarlosV wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 4:58 am
It seems he is located in Bologna, Steve, judging from some of his clips.
That, in my mind, removes any red flags I may have had about why so many British high end and Victor machines would be in one collection.
I too thought it must be in England and wondered how so many big Victor's and Brunswick ended up there together.
It makes a lot more sense to me now.

I suppose if Fonotipia machines are to turn up, an Italian collection is probably where they'll be.

rodolfo stiassi
Victor Jr
Personal Text: Pashion, not collection

Post by rodolfo stiassi »

sorry to all, I'm not accustomed to write in forums and I beg your pardon for this, I thought that it was simple and friendly as on Facebook. I was not able to find a "gramophones on sale" channel on the forum, if the adminitrators think it is better to migrate in other forum parts, feel free to do it for me, if it is possible.
Well, I have so many "rare" english machines for the reasons that these were sold in Italy and somewhere at its time, as well as in France, Germany, Spain and so on, some with the HMV logo, others with the relative logos of the country (in Italy VdP, France VdsM, Spain VdsA etc.) as every collector who is well informed should know.
British gramophone were simply the best, and therefore I sought and bought a Cascade from the friend Frank James (did you know him?) and an Expert senior from another person who I want not say.
American machines went directly from USA to me about 30 years ago.
About the two Fonotipias, there was one single video on my channel, but disappeared. The other double horned Fonotipia has a broken spring that I was not yet able to find, therefore a video would have no sense.

Anyway, if this hurts someone, I could erase the post and offer only on the FB channels

as the post was doubled in parallel, I paste the reply I wrote some days ago:

.. si sono un "vecchio" appassionato di grammofoni e dischi, abito a Bologna e non c'è nessun inganno 😄
ho deciso di vendere una parte delle mie macchine e 78, non capisco perché alcuni miei video sono scomparsi, comunque a chi fosse interessato che mi scriverà posso inviarli perché li ho sull'hard disk. Il video di Automatic 1 è lì ma non viene visualizzato e non posso dirti perché:
https://youtu.be/Ph-kVbs2SLU
Per quanto riguarda i prezzi, preferirei dare agli interessati in quanto molte mie macchine non sono comuni, ma se è una regola postarle lo farò... saluti a tutti