Partial sale of my collection

Discussions on Talking Machines of British or European Manufacture
rodolfo stiassi
Victor Jr
Personal Text: Pashion, not collection

Partial sale of my collection

Post by rodolfo stiassi »

Hi to all friends collectors.
Due to several reasons, I decided that a part of my collection of gramophones and records will change owner.
The gramophones I decided to sell are:
HMV 203, Automatic 1, 193 as "super" lot
HMV 25 with brass horn and nr. 2 gold soundbox
HMV II mahogany horn
Zonophone 1901
Columbia AH very 1st 1901-2
Cascade
Edison Standard 2/4
Victrola 8/30 Credenza
Victrola 8/9
Brunswick Ultona consolle
Fonotipia table 2 horns (broken spring)
Fonotipia table
Few uncommon or scarce portables
Some spares

Almost all are visible and audible on YOUTUBE in my account clubisas. Please, don't write there as I rarely read messages on yt.

I'm dividing the records in some lots, all containing some uncommon or rare records:
Jazz USA of the 20' and '30's
Classical
Opera (not many)
Historical (few)
For the Italian an european jazz lot I am just in negotiation.

Buyers will arrange pickup or shipment.

If you are interested please contact me at rodorodos59@gmail.com

gramophoneshane
Victor VI

Re: Partial sale of my collection

Post by gramophoneshane »

Hmm, seems you're not keen on listening to fellow members advise or following forum rules?
I'm not sure how other members feel, but personally I'd be a bit cautious about contacting a seller about machines that have no pictures, no location or prices, and posted by someone who's only interaction on the forum is to sell higher end machines via contact through an email address.
I think we've all at sometime heard about scams where sellers send pictures of parts or machines found on the internet to potential buyers.

epigramophone
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: An analogue relic trapped in a digital world.

Post by epigramophone »

Out of curiosity I looked at the YouTube videos. Only a small number of the machines listed were shown.
Good pictures posted here, preferably with prices, should be easy to provide and far more informative.

CarlosV
Victor IV

Post by CarlosV »

epigramophone wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 9:31 am Out of curiosity I looked at the YouTube videos. Only a small number of the machines listed were shown.
Good pictures posted here, preferably with prices, should be easy to provide and far more informative.
There are only two or three in the start page of that user, but if you click on the tab of videos, you will see a large number of clips, Roger. Judging from these videos that have been posted since a decade or so ago in that site, it seems to be an Italian collector that is getting rid of his machines, and is using this forum as advertising medium; at least the 202, the 193, the Expert, a Credenza, an HMV 25, a Zonophone, a Brunswick and some portables are uploaded playing various kinds of music. I did not see the HMV Automatic, but it may be hidden somewhere in these videos. There are also some videos of live events recorded in Bologna, which may give a hint of where he is located. It will be a nice way to get an instant collection, if you have money and more importantly, space to install all these machines.

rodolfo stiassi
Victor Jr

.. yes I am an "old" fan of gramophones and records, I live in Bologna and there is no deception 😄
I decided to sell a part of my machines and 78s, I don't understand why some of my videos have disappeared, anyway to those interested who will write to me I can send them because I have them on the hard disk. The Automatic 1 video is there but it doesn't appear, and I can't tell you why:
https://youtu.be/Ph-kVbs2SLU
About prices, I would prefer yo give to the interested people as many of my machines are not common ones, but if it is a rule to post them, I will do... regards to all

Garret
Victor IV

Post by Garret »

Hello Rodolfo,

Would the 202 be available separately? Price? I could be interested. Feel free to message me: garret.girmus "at sign" gmail.com

Garret

rodolfo stiassi
Victor Jr

Hi Garret,
Sorry, the 202 is'nt on sale, only the 203 as the list posted.
Rgds
Rodolfo

Garret
Victor IV

Post by Garret »

rodolfo stiassi wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 4:06 am Hi Garret,
Sorry, the 202 is'nt on sale, only the 203 as the list posted.
Rgds
Rodolfo
Price? Can you send me details at the email I shared or via pm?

Thanks,

Garret