Discussions on Talking Machines of British or European Manufacture
poodling around
Victor V

Re: RetroTech UK (NVCF) Some photos

Post by poodling around »

Steve wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 2:04 pm
poodling around wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 10:35 am
Steve wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 8:49 am

Yes, it is. You'll notice that the inside is considerably darker with a different grain to the outside anyway. The blue croc was unique among the three for that.
Very interesting. So all HMV 101 blue croc's have this 'shade of blue' then ?

I would have thought that the rare dark blue normal HMV 101 can't have been any darker than mine ?
It is. The dark blue has nothing to do with the Croc version. The Croc version has an almost black interior lid / tray with different grain. Or at least some of them do. Yours might appear to be the same! ..........oh, I don't know!

Let's just agree there are blue 101s in existence! :roll:
You are right - as always !!! :D

mrrgstuff
Victor I

Re: RetroTech UK (NVCF) Some photos

Post by mrrgstuff »

Steve wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 7:47 pm
mrrgstuff wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 6:25 pm BTW, did anyone see the stall on the front row that had 2 gramophones for sale, an inside horn one for £10 and what appeared to be the base of a small outside horn one for £45?

I meant to go back and ask why the outside horn base was so cheap, but by the time I remembered, both had gone :(
Yes, I did. I think that's the guy who had several machines for £25 each or five for £100! I thought "is this what it's all come to?" until I viewed each machine and realised that each was a junky condition Frankenphone or incomplete. Unless you were desperate for a part they had, you didn't miss much, trust me!
That's good to know. Thanks :)