Guiniphone

Discussions on Talking Machines of British or European Manufacture
Gramtastic
Victor III

Guiniphone

Post by Gramtastic »

Does anyone know if the cardboard cones for Guiniphones are still being made ? I know a while back new ones were available but I can't remember who was selling them .
Thanks

Inigo
Victor VI
Personal Text: Keep'em well oiled

Re: Guiniphone

Post by Inigo »

Sa me with me... cannot remember where I've seen replicas of these...
I have one in the American version, the Brunswick Parisian Portable, which is exactly the same machine except for the decal. Mine c came without the cone, so I made one in black cardboard, sized the maximum possible to be bent in three as the original and fit in the lid when plied. It's very big! !!
Somewhere in the web someone put a scanned copy of the original cardboard disc with the instructions, so it can be printed and replicated.
The original cardboard cone was dark green with coloured scenes featuring a vigorous colourful parrot...
Inigo

Victor VI

Post by 52089 »

A US board member made them for a while but he is no longer a member..

Curt A
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: Needle Tins are Addictive

Post by Curt A »

52089 wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 11:54 pm A US board member made them for a while but he is no longer a member..
Yes, he's still alive and kicking... LOL I was finally able to login yesterday...

Curt
"The phonograph† is not of any commercial value."
Thomas Alva Edison - Comment to his assistant, Samuel Insull.

"No one needs a Victrola XX, a Perfected Graphophone Type G, or whatever you call those noisy things."
My Wife

Curt A
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: Needle Tins are Addictive

Post by Curt A »

The Polly, Parisian and Guiniphone oscillators are all the same, except of the graphics. I could never find good quality Guinea graphics to use to replicate them. If anyone has high quality copies of the Guinea graphics (logo and panel scenes) let me know...
"The phonograph† is not of any commercial value."
Thomas Alva Edison - Comment to his assistant, Samuel Insull.

"No one needs a Victrola XX, a Perfected Graphophone Type G, or whatever you call those noisy things."
My Wife