Hitler´s gramophone and a challenge.

Discussions on Talking Machines of British or European Manufacture
NEKTREG
Victor O

Re: Hitler´s gramophone and a challenge.

Post by NEKTREG »

Until now I couldn‘t identity the portable in the backround, but it‘s a off-brand for sure. It also could be a machine from the Photoatlier Hoffmann.

Anyway the record Collection of Adolf Hitler which in parts is known mostly was bought in 1933-1945. He had infact two collections - one at his home at the Berghof, which was evacuated in air raid shelters unterneath the Berghof. Film exposure exists where american soldiers go through personalized record albums. If anyone is interested I search for the link. I think all the captured records now are in a library in USA, as most of the items which were still there after the Heavy airraids.

As for the second „Führerhauptquartier“ collection it was somehow of a transportable collection and stayed at the end in the air shelter in Berlin.

Btw at the end of the 30s he owned at least one modern Telefunken record player cabinet and got another specially made Telefunken cabinet as a present including a selection of records with selections of different german vernaculars, which he disliked.