REMEMBERING FRANK JAMES. died 15/12/2020

Discussions on Talking Machines of British or European Manufacture
old country chemist
Victor II

REMEMBERING FRANK JAMES. died 15/12/2020

Post by old country chemist »

Greetings all. Just a mention that it will be three years since our good friend Frank James passed away. The "EMG and EXPERT GURU"
Sadly missed by many who knew him. A man amongst men indeed!
In quiet reflection of him, I like to think of the depth that he delved into the subject, which made it all just that bit more interesting, and I suspect that most EMG and Expert owners will have his famous book on their gramophone book shelves. A most interesting person, and one I have felt honoured to have known.

I wish all of you on the forum as good a Christmas as you can make it, and a "guid new year tae ye a"

Alastair Murray.

epigramophone
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: An analogue relic trapped in a digital world.

Re: REMEMBERING FRANK JAMES. died 15/12/2020

Post by epigramophone »

Yes, still greatly missed by all who knew him. Alastair and I played some of his records after the memorial service.

Roger Mackey.
Attachments
Frank's EMG.JPG

chunnybh
Victor III
Personal Text: "If I had all the money I'd spent on drink, I'd spend it on drink." Vivian Stanshall

Post by chunnybh »

Remembering the "EMG GURU " with fond memories of happy times.

Orchorsol
Victor IV

Post by Orchorsol »

Thanks so much for the reminder. I'm thankful to have met the great man on several occasions and to have chatted at length about all things Ginn related. What a legacy he has left us. And I treasure the Oscar Natzke record he gave me!
BCN thorn needles made to the original 1920s specifications: http://www.burmesecolourneedles.com

Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCe4DNb ... TPE-zTAJGg?

emgcr
Victor IV

Post by emgcr »

Never to be forgotten. Once I had discovered and fallen prey to the fatal EMG bug, Frank supplied some of the parts to make my first Xb Oversize gramophone. Daily happiness was the result for which I am forever grateful. He was an inspiration in all areas of life. RIP old friend.
Attachments
_DSC5568.jpg