Pulled the trigger

Discussions on Talking Machines of British or European Manufacture
epigramophone
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: An analogue relic trapped in a digital world.

Re: Pulled the trigger

Post by epigramophone »

slammer wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 11:26 am Some bugger has cut out the HMV from inside the lid, but Michael had a spare lid from a broken down machine so I got that with me to take out the leathercloth and paste it into my machine.
Some unscrupulous sellers have been known to remove the HMV plaque from the 102's lid, frame it and sell it separately.
In their ignorance, they will have devalued the 102 by more than they can hope to get for the picture.

slammer
Victor O
Personal Text: I love the smell of Shellack in the morning

Re: Pulled the trigger

Post by slammer »

epigramophone wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 4:54 am
slammer wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 11:26 am Some bugger has cut out the HMV from inside the lid, but Michael had a spare lid from a broken down machine so I got that with me to take out the leathercloth and paste it into my machine.
Some unscrupulous sellers have been known to remove the HMV plaque from the 102's lid, frame it and sell it separately.
In their ignorance, they will have devalued the 102 by more than they can hope to get for the picture.
I got a perfect match to replace the cut out cloth, so I can get it back to the way it should be with original parts. I also got some scraps of original matching leather cloth to patch out the damaged areas.
This machine was 70 Euros so I am quite happy with the solution.