HMV model 600 electrola

Discussions on Talking Machines of British or European Manufacture
gramophoneshane
Victor VI

Re: HMV model 600 electrola

Post by gramophoneshane »

Reid wrote:Date? Can it be as early as 1925? I think so, but don't know.
Pretty sure it was introduced in 1928, but I've seen ads for the 600 that date from as late as 1932.

Skihawx
Victor III

Post by Skihawx »

Anyone have a schematic for the 600?? Looks like it has a tube line up similar to the early
RCA amplifiers. Two half-wave rectifiers, one audio output and one audio amplifier. Although the
positions of the tubes is very strange. It appears to be something like the RCA AP-736 with two UX-281's, a UX-250 and a UX-226. There appears to be a loctal tube from the early 1940's in the bottom
of the cabinet. It is interesting that someone was making a tube substitution to try to get it
operational.

Looks like it might have sold. Listing has been pulled..

teibet
Victor Jr

Post by teibet »

Sorry to recover this topic after four years.
I am the owner of the HMV Concert 600 that was listed on ebay some time ago.
I still own it, I can say that the piece is in really good conditions except for the playng desk that is missing. Since I own I have been looking for informations about it. I saw a couple of them on internet. One was in the UK, it was missing the playing desk too and was too bad to be rebuilt. I know that an english trader (Mr. Howard Hope) bought it to attempt a restoration and sell it to a Japanese collector. Another was in Italy, missing the desk too with the cabinets in good condition but the amplifier was empty, with no electronic part in it (it was used as a container).
If you have questions or suggestions, just ask or tell.
Thank you,
Ivan