Posting from the UK

Post links to auctions and classifieds here
Inigo
Victor VI
Personal Text: Keep'em well oiled

Re: Posting from the UK

Post by Inigo »

It's a pity. To buy a portable from the uk, the cheapest way it's to go there and buy from the seller at his door! Flight prices are almost cheaper than postal charges!
Inigo

CarlosV
Victor IV

Post by CarlosV »

I have my longstanding suppliers of records and parts from the UK and the USA, and in my experience, there were some delays right after Brexit, and in the worst times of the covid last year. Now I get my deliveries in about the same time as before Brexit and covid, i.e., two to three weeks for packages from the UK and three weeks to one month for US parcels. Prices increased, including the import duties that did not exist then the UK was part of the EU. As to the European postal services, some of them are notorious for their inefficiency, and that did not change.

Inigo
Victor VI
Personal Text: Keep'em well oiled

Post by Inigo »

I received some cassette player rubber belts from Germany just in the last day of stipulated delivery, so ok... But maybe this doesn't count, for it could be posted as a standard letter
Inigo

Steve
Victor VI
Location: London, Paris, Amsterdam, Berlin, New York, Evesham

Post by Steve »

soundgen wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 12:33 pm
Steve wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:49 am I'd never send anything overseas now. Its too much hassle. There are sellers on Ebay who won't even post a portable within the UK so I can understand the frustration everywhere when encharging some organisation to safely handle and deliver your item without delays.

I'll post to UK and thats it.

I'm currently disputing a customs charge for an item that was "delivered" to my recycling bin, smashed to pieces, no salvageable parts and wrapped in sodden cardboard. It was ruined whilst in the hands of FedEx who I have the dispute with. They're claiming £60 customs charges are owed for the scrap they dumped in my bin over 3 months ago.

Needless to say I'm not pleased.
You should make a claim against Fedex for the cost of the article and postage and if they don't respond take it to the small claims court for , Fedex as the shipper owe you a duty of care , and you can sue this way as a Professional negligence claims , it would cost you £35 but would be worth it all you need is the photos of the delivery and item trashed by them
Nice idea but I'm not sure it'll hold much water. Doesn't the shipper or originator of the shipping order have to do that? He's in India and completely uninterested in helping for damage he claims was carried out in the UK. I don't have photos of the "delivery", as such, only the trashed machine I removed from a crushed soaking wet card box which was dumped in my bin (for protection?).

soundgen
Victor V

Post by soundgen »

Steve wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 7:34 am
soundgen wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 12:33 pm
Steve wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:49 am I'd never send anything overseas now. Its too much hassle. There are sellers on Ebay who won't even post a portable within the UK so I can understand the frustration everywhere when encharging some organisation to safely handle and deliver your item without delays.

I'll post to UK and thats it.

I'm currently disputing a customs charge for an item that was "delivered" to my recycling bin, smashed to pieces, no salvageable parts and wrapped in sodden cardboard. It was ruined whilst in the hands of FedEx who I have the dispute with. They're claiming £60 customs charges are owed for the scrap they dumped in my bin over 3 months ago.

Needless to say I'm not pleased.
You should make a claim against Fedex for the cost of the article and postage and if they don't respond take it to the small claims court for , Fedex as the shipper owe you a duty of care , and you can sue this way as a Professional negligence claims , it would cost you £35 but would be worth it all you need is the photos of the delivery and item trashed by them
Nice idea but I'm not sure it'll hold much water. Doesn't the shipper or originator of the shipping order have to do that? He's in India and completely uninterested in helping for damage he claims was carried out in the UK. I don't have photos of the "delivery", as such, only the trashed machine I removed from a crushed soaking wet card box which was dumped in my bin (for protection?).
dead easy to do , just write to their UK head office making a claim in full for the damage and shipping you paid citing their duty of care to you and their Professional negligence in delivering such a damaged parcel , state that if you don't hear from them or their insurers within 14 days you will make a small claims court claim against them , include photos of the damage and the original pictures of the goods , send it 1st class signed for , this is essential as you need to show the court you have tried to resolve this before going to court two minutes to write the letter and £2 to post it

The Manager
Fedex Head Office
Parkhouse East Industrial Estate
Newcastle Under Lyme
Staffordshire
ST5 7RB