19,000 Edison Diamond Discs

Post links to auctions and classifieds here
Valecnik
Victor VI
Personal Text: Edison Records - Close your eyes and see if the artist does not actually seem to be before you.

Re: 19,000 Edison Diamond Discs

Post by Valecnik »

I sent a want list in June and corresponded with him after that. He was unable to find most of the ones on my want list but shipped what he could find. Most "were" in good condition but in spite of detailed shipping instructions, they arrived poorly packed and some damaged. He was very polite and offered to replace the damaged ones. I sent multiple follow-up emails, hoping to get the rest of my want list shipped. I finally gave up some months back.

ImperialGuardsman
Victor II
Personal Text: Nothing like blaring Caruso out of your college dorm window...

Post by ImperialGuardsman »

Valecnik wrote:I sent a want list in June and corresponded with him after that. He was unable to find most of the ones on my want list but shipped what he could find. Most "were" in good condition but in spite of detailed shipping instructions, they arrived poorly packed and some damaged. He was very polite and offered to replace the damaged ones. I sent multiple follow-up emails, hoping to get the rest of my want list shipped. I finally gave up some months back.

Dang, at least you got some of them! I think I sent in my want list either May or June, and it mlooked like most of mine were avaliable.
ImperialGuardsman

OTAPS (Oregon Territory Antique Phonograph Society) Member

~Also a member of Suscipe Domine and The High Road forums~

Victrolacollector
Victor V

Post by Victrolacollector »

What ever happened in this auction? I put bids in and never heard anything since.

marcapra
Victor V
Personal Text: Man who ride on tiger find it very difficult to dismount! Charlie Chan

Post by marcapra »

I don't know. I placed wants for this too in '13 and never heard back. 19,000 DD's sounds enormous!!! Could anyone really have that many? How big was the Donley collection that they bought from Ferguson?

AnneBDextrous
Victor Jr

Post by AnneBDextrous »

I work for the company who hired this man to sell our inventory. He disappeared shortly after taking your wanted lists. I don't know his name or what he sold, nor do I think we ever saw any of the proceeds from the sales. Needless to say, we have a thing or two we'd like to say to him...

We did have an inventory of about 18,600 records. They were from a cache of records from back in the day when they sold the records with the phonograph. They sat in a warehouse for decades, and were donated here and there until they fell into our hands. The inventory in its entirety has since been sold.

Good luck in all your searches.