Must be rare as hen's teeth!

Post links to auctions and classifieds here
Dave
Victor II
Personal Text: Gramophonist

Must be rare as hen's teeth!

Post by Dave »

I thought the Edison Cylinder Phonograph Companion now listed on ebay was expensive.... eBay Item #261343572233...
until i saw this on ABE Books....http://www.abebooks.com/servlet/BookDet ... 0960646612
...and for your $337.94 plus shipping... you get a used ex-library book! :o

This is getting a bit silly..don't ya think?

Retrograde
Victor III

Re: Must be rare as hen's teeth!

Post by Retrograde »

At some point my book collection is going to be worth more than my machine collection! :lol:

phonogfp
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: "If you look for the bad in people expecting to find it, you surely will." - A. Lincoln

Post by phonogfp »

I remember back in the early-mid 1970s when copies of From Tinfoil To Stereo were going out of sight; sometimes selling for $200 back then. I didn't have a copy yet, so all this was pretty annoying for me. :lol: Then in late 1975 it was announced that the book would be reprinted in a second edition. (As I recall, the second edition was $19.95.) Of course, the value of the first edition plummeted. Where there's a demand, it will be supplied... ;)

George P.

VintageTechnologies
Victor IV

Post by VintageTechnologies »

I got a copy of From Tinfoil To Stereo back in 1967. Later when they were selling for $200 I would not have parted with mine for anything. It was gold to a young collector. I re-read it so many times I practically memorized it. I never dreamed of the references that we have now.