Horn identification and pricing?

Post links to auctions and classifieds here
DGPros
Victor III
Personal Text: Gary

Horn identification and pricing?

Post by DGPros »

The 2 horns below are from a friend who's dad just passed away. He knows I recently started collecting and asked me to check them out. These are the only pictures I have at the moment. My thought process was, offer him $50 for the Morning Glory, but let him know he could get $100-$125 if he were to actively try and sell it. I came up with this price from sales at the Breinigsville, PA auction.(which I bought one at that price) Is that a fair assessment? The Atwater kent horn has no base and I have no clue what those go for. I know it's for a radio, but thought someone on here may have some information on pricing and what to look for. Thanks for your input.
Attachments
2014110895164109.jpg
2014110895164058.jpg
20141108_152142.jpg
In short, is not liberty the freedom of every person to make full use of his faculties, so long as he does not harm other persons while doing so?
Frederic Bastiat

estott
Victor Monarch
Personal Text: I have good days...this might not be one of them

Re: Horn identification and pricing?

Post by estott »

The radio horn doesn't have much value as a speaker, The base and driver is the vital part and the part that tends to get lost or thrown away- so there is an oversupply of horns. They are saleable but generally to someone who wants to build some sort of Steampunk contraption.

DGPros
Victor III
Personal Text: Gary

Post by DGPros »

Thanks estott, I was afraid of that. I'm hoping to give him a range of prices tomorrow and let him decide how he wants to proceed.
In short, is not liberty the freedom of every person to make full use of his faculties, so long as he does not harm other persons while doing so?
Frederic Bastiat

Uncle Vanya
Victor IV

Post by Uncle Vanya »

DGPros wrote:Thanks estott, I was afraid of that. I'm hoping to give him a range of prices tomorrow and let him decide how he wants to proceed.
The AK horn is worth between. $25.00 and $30.00 sans base in this market.