Brunswick Cortez - Can it be Saved? - Quincy Illinois $150.

Post links to auctions and classifieds here
Mormon S
Victor III
Personal Text:     Martin     "phono_fluff" on instagram

Re: Brunswick Cortez - Can it be Saved? - Quincy Illinois $1

Post by Mormon S »

Was wondering if anyone knows if this is still available. I need a lot of parts for a Brunswick Cortez and it would be ideal if someone could pick this up on the way to Union (If its not canceled, but I'm suspecting it will be). May be a big ask since its so large, but maybe it lines up with someones schedule.

Martin

Garret
Victor IV

Post by Garret »

Mormon S
Victor III
Personal Text:     Martin     "phono_fluff" on instagram

Post by Mormon S »

Still very far from me, and I'm looking for a machine to salvage some part off of/get my hands on to machine new ones.

Thanks
Martin

Curt A
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: Needle Tins are Addictive

Post by Curt A »

JerryVan wrote:
VanEpsFan1914 wrote:Very saveable from the pictures--why is replacing veneer considered "Advanced" woodworking? You get some new, find some big clamps, stick it on and refinish the thing (which it needs anyway), have your new pieces made up for whatever trim has doubtless fallen off--and you're good!

It's really a nice machine. If the big spruce horn is intact then it should be a good project.
With all due respect, it's gonna take a lot of veneer to completely replace the left side door. Not seeing it in any of the photos. :(
Jerry is right... if that left door is gone, it would be practically impossible to replace it. The carved molding can't be replaced (at least not reasonably) and if it could, it would cost more than the machine is worth... This is best for parts, IF you can buy it cheap...
Attachments
Screen Shot 2020-03-20 at 1.15.01 PM.png
"The phonograph† is not of any commercial value."
Thomas Alva Edison - Comment to his assistant, Samuel Insull.

"No one needs a Victrola XX, a Perfected Graphophone Type G, or whatever you call those noisy things."
My Wife